nineteen!

REAL LIFE!

EMALINE'S EYES FLUNG open as the bus roughly made it's way over a pothole. she groaned, rubbing her eyes as she sat up, adjusting to the dim lighting of the bus. she reached for her phone and squinted as it lit up. 2:51 am, her phone read. she sighed, leaning towards tyler.

his face was still pressed up against the window. he was staring out into nothing but the sickly glow from orange streetlights, and darkness.
emaline realized he had stopped crying. she wondering if he was asleep.

"tyler?"

he didn't move. "yeah?"

"are you alright?"

"am i alright?" his voice rose as he faced her. "no, i'm not fucking alright."

emaline could faintly make out the outlines of his face. his eyes had dark circles under them and they were still puffy from his sobbing earlier that day. he looked exhausted.

"i-i thought i was doing something right for once. i mean, here i am, going all this way to convince oliver to come back to boring. and i thought.. maybe he really would come home. maybe this would all be worth it. and then maybe.. i'd finally m-mean something to him," his voice broke as he spoke

"tyler—" emaline whispered

then she paused. "i don't get it.. why'd you do all this for him? why did he mean so much to you?"

tyler's eyes began to well up with tears, but he closed his eyes and his face became twisted with frustration. "couldn't you see it?" he muttered.

"see what?"

"that i was f-fuh-fucking in love with him, goddammit!!" tyler faltered, lowering his head as he began to sob again.

emaline's eyes widened, a lump in her throat beginning to form as tears stung her eyes. she hated to see tyler cry, but she was relieved he had told her. she swallowed her sorrow, and gently took ahold of his hand.

"tyler.. i didn't know. it's alright. really, it's okay."

"n-no, it's not okay!! i don't know why i feel this way, i-i've never liked a guy before. or.. anyone at all but— f-fuck," his voice shook. "he was never going to feel the way i feel about him anyways, and now i just know that for s-sure,"

"i really wish there was something i could do to help, tyler. he was just acting like an asshole back there. but i think that in his right state of mind, he knew he should've come home," emaline was still holding his hand. "i think the best thing you can do is write to him.. tell him how you feel.. and i think it'll make you feel better too,"

tyler sniffed. "you think so?"

emaline smiled, squeezing his hand. "i do."

tyler wiped away the tears that rolled down his cheeks, and wrapped his arms around her. "thank you so much, emaline. god, i wouldn't know what i'd do if you weren't here,"

emaline could tell he was grinning from ear to ear, she placed her arms around him and hugged him tight.

"me either."

MESSAGE TO KATE 🤩💘💓💖💞💕

today; 3:22 am!

emaline 💅💓

i think i did the right thing this time.

wow look who actually wrote a chapter for once

yeah but hope u enjoyed though sorry i changed my writing format lol