Queen of the Wolves

I was stuck in the same chair. The same chair I had just escaped from. The same chair! Benjamin was staring at me in disgust.

"I know my dress is messed up, but you're the one who spilt pig slop on it,"  I said sarcastically (really though when am I not sarcastic.) He gave a self-righteous snort. I rolled my eyes. I looked my captor over. This was the first time I had really seen him. (You know it's kind of hard to see someone with your eyes close.) He was a tall man with black hair (well what was left of it. It was obvious he had begun to bald.) His nose seemed slightly too large for his face. He wore nice black pants, that weren't made of wool,  a white shirt and a black coat, even though it wasn't that cold out. (All of this was very strange. Black clothing was only ever worn to funerals. Black clothes, that weren't made of wool at least, were hard to come by. The white shirt didn't have a spot on it! This guy was obviously rich which made me nervous. Rich people usually got what they wanted.) He also had a walking stick even though how obviously didn't need it. (It was a nice stick. It was thin but sturdy looking. Probably oak. It looked like it curved at the top by the way he held it, but I couldn't really tall from my most uncomfortable position. Thanks again My 'Knight'.)

I sighed a long sigh, earning another disgusted look. I made a face causing him to roll his eyes. Just then Jefferson walked in pulling the black-clothed man behind him. It was easy for him to pull. The guy was so tiny. (Even when he tried to pull away, it was no use. He kind of looked like a dog trying to pull away from its owner.) Jefferson was a big man. Probably mid-forties. He was wearing similar clothes to my dear friend Benjamin, but his white shirt was severely stained. Even his black clothes had some marks on it. He was a tough looking man. 'My Little Knight' was no match for him. I wish he would have just stayed home. I was doing quite well without him. In fact, he made everything worse! I glared at him. He seemed to smile. (It was kind of hard to tell with the mask.) I just rolled my eyes. 

~ ~ ~

It was now completely dark. The only light in the barn was a few yellowish lanterns. Whatshisface was tied in a chair next to me.

"Don't worry my sweet princess. I shall save you," he whispered to me. I groaned. This guy was getting more annoying by the minute. 

A wolf howled causing me to jump slightly. 'My Knight' was about to whisper comforting words when our captors began to speak.

"He should be here in a few moments." The ever so proper Benjamin assured.

"He better be." The gruff voice of Jefferson answered.

"What are they talking about?" My new 'friend' said instead.

"A man's coming to burn the barn down. With us in it." I said calmly, watching with enjoyment as panic immediately began to set in.

"YOU TOLD THE GIRL!!!" Jefferson erupted. (I'm going to start calling him Jeff. His name doesn't fit the face. He looks and sounds more like a Jeff. Benjamin on the other hand...)

"What? No! Of course not! I would never..." Benjamin rambled.

"Then how does she know? Did the wolves tell her?" he scoffed.

"Yes, actually." I interjected, "Didn't you hear that wolf howl? He said 'they're going to burn the barn down. We'll rescue you!'" I finished facetiously (another fun word). 

"Oh sure, and I talk to horses all the time," Jeff answered back, hardly amused. I grinned, I was thoroughly enjoying this.

"Did you hear that!" I said turning to Benjamin. "He called you a horse!" I laughed out loud at the expression on both of their faces.

"Who do you think you are little girl?" The big man said coming towards me.

"According to this guy a princess." I nodded towards my companion. This only infuriated the man more. Suddenly there was a loud howl and the sound of someone (or something) coming towards the door.

"They're coming," I said making my eyes as wide as possible. "They're coming to save me!" It took all my efforts not to laugh at the horrified men. "Yes, my friends!" I shouted, "Come, come save me!" then turning back to the men, "I was kidding when I said I was a princess, because to the wolves," (pause for dramatic effect) "I am queen!" I laughed maniacally as there was another howl. The two grown men shrieked. (It was somewhere between my families pigs and the two toddler girls who lived a couple houses down.) The door slowly started to open and the two men ran in the opposite direction. Which was the first time I noticed a small window. How they both fit through it in less than thirty seconds is beyond me! The masked man seemed to gape at me. I smirked. 

The door continued to creak open, a voice coming from the other side. My eyes widened in fear. I had been kidding, I didn't actually know who was coming in. Maybe it was someone even worse! The door opened the rest of the way and there he stood. A man I had never seen before. He looked bold and demanding. I blinked not sure of what to think. He opened his mouth and said.

"I's though that man said he'd have ever body out b'fore I set the fir. Can't get no good help these here days." It was Fred.

Authors Note:
Hello! So the picture up top is of Mycroft Holmes from the TV series Sherlock. (If you enjoy Sherlock, please check out my BBC One-Shots book :) he is how I imagine Benjamin. I know that a lot of what he wears doesn't really fit the setting, but as I was writing him this is what I saw. (I changed a few things like, he obviously doesn't have the tie and handkerchief. Also, he had a walking stick instead of an umbrella.) So, yeah. This chapter is dedicated to @koreanwriter01 for all the votes a comment! Hope you are all enjoying the story! Let me know what you think so far! I would really appreciate comments and votes!
God bless,
Trekkiehood