Alecia, and Fathers, and Betrothals, Oh My

I bit my tongue to stop the smart remark. If you get to know me at all, you will find I'm very sarcastic. VERY. So, yeah, the King and the Queen are convinced my name is Alecia and I've returned to them. Which is all well and good, except, of course, the fact I've never met them before In my life. Ever. I mean it's the royal family, I'm a nobody from Nameless village. (No Literally the name of my village is Nameless.) .... Oh yeah and my name is Alice, not Alecia

"Alecia, darling," the sweet voice filled the room. The Queen reached her hand out towards me. I couldn't suppress my shock any longer. My jaw mouth opened as I stared at them.

"I-I-I-I...." I stammered. Made myself look like an idiot. Whether they knew me or not, I didn't know them and this was the royal family. The King and Queen looked at each other.

"Did Michael not explain?" The King asked.

"Um, no, who's Michael?" I finally uttered. The royal couple gave concerned glances.

"Michael, your betrothed." The King looked almost nervous. I could hold my tongue no longer.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Alecia, Michael, betrothed. What's going on!" Then I added as an afterthought, "your majesties." That's when he showed up. Again. Very loudly. But, I was kind of used to it by now. "My Knight" walked in, literally knocking over a suit of armour. How? How did he... Whatever. I was done trying to figure out who this dork was and why he was such a clutz.

"Your Majesties." He gave an exaggerated bow. He turned and gave an odd wink. I don't necessarily know that it was odd, but with the mask, everything he did looked ridiculous.

"Michael," The King started.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. This is Michael?" I nearly exploded. I didn't know what was happening. This was messed up.

"Dear, let your father speak." The Queen commanded softly. I just stared, slack jaw.

"Father? Alecia? Betrothed? And, and this fool!" I yelled flinging my arms at the black-clad fool. "WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!!" I screamed at the top of my lounges. Everything was utterly silent. You could have heard a feather drop. I blushed dark red as I realized what I had just done. I had just screamed at the royal family! "Uhhh....." I responded to the silence quietly. "Let's just um, let's just forget that ever happened," I said clapping my hands together. "Yes, yes, forgetfulness is the key here." I laughed nervously.

The King shook his head, "Alec-Alice, would you please take a seat." He motioned to a chair that seemed to have appeared out of nowhere. I sat down obediently. (I think I've shown enough defiance for one day.)

"My Knight" made his way behind the King and Queen and silently stood back, between the two chairs. I looked at the Queen. It looked like she was crying... that's just what I needed... A crying Queen.

"You need to understand something." The King began, drawing my attention back to him. "We did this to protect you. This," he motioned at the knight, them with a sweeping hand took in the entire room. "was all for you."

~ ~ ~

This chapter probably should have been combined with the last one... sorry.  But the next chapter is the backstory! Woo! What do you think is going on. What's up with Alecia? Who is this strange Micheal she is betrothed to? Why is all this happening to poor Alice? Find out in the next chapter! 

If you are enjoying this book, please comment and vote. Comments are greatly appreciated :) Only a few more chapters left!

God bless,

Trekkiehood