VII.

Killian's POV

Killian's POV

It had been almost a week since I had last seen James. I looked over at the jacket that still remained hung behind my bedroom door. This was twice now that I had forgotten to give it back.

What was going on with me?

I never forgot anything.

"You know what you need? You need to unwind, Kil my dear." Rosie abruptly announced as she propelled herself out of bed and ripped me out from my thoughts.

"I don't understand." I replied.

"There's this crazy high end club that's opening in uptown next weekend. Ladies admit for free and drinks are half off. We've gotta go!"

"Hell no." I shook my head.

"Pleaaaasseeee please please please Killian its my birthday next weekend!" Rosie whined. I continued to shake my head like my life depended on it.

It very well might have.

"Rosie. You know I don't like club music. Or people. Or alcohol. Or people. Or being crowded. Did I mention people? We could add sweaty disgusting indistinct unknown smells to that list." Rosie gave me another one of her signature over the top sighs.

"You've got 10 days. Will you at least think about it?" She was doing that thing with her eyelashes that she thought worked on me. Honestly, I was only thinking about it because I did kind of neglect her these past few months. Not intentionally, of course, but Rosie could be quite high maintenance.

Or at least I thought she could be.

Honestly, everyone was high maintenance in my eyes.

I let out a exaggerated sigh mimicking her own before giving her a nod. "I'll think about it." A triumphant smile beamed across her face. She knew she had already won.

This is what Rosie wants and what Sarah would want, I told myself. Grow a pair.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket as Rosie took a seat besides me on my bed again. It was an incoming text from Sarah.

Hey Kil, I forgot to do some grocery shopping so I was thinking maybe we go out for pizza after I finish up here at the office? James will be joining too if that's alright?

I stared down at my phone for what seemed like ages, before finally replying.

I'm here with Rosie at the house. We can do some grocery shopping and I'll get started on dinner. I replied.

James can join too, I added. It didn't take long before I got a reply.

Okay sounds good. Thank you, Killian. I'll see you when I make it home, yeah? Don't make anything too complicated. I know how you get with dinners. I sent her the laughing emoji back.