Chapter 21.

Riza's POV

I must have fallen asleep. I must be dreaming.

I'm still in the hospital, but Roy is awake. He pats my hair and strokes my cheek.

"Riza..." he whispers.

My eyes start to tear up as I reply, "This is a good dream," under my breath.

He chuckles. "Riza, this isn't a dream. I'm back."

"A very good dream," I reply hazily.

Suddenly, I feel I pinch on my upper arm.

I jolt up and look at Roy in the eyes.

He smiles at me as his hand reaches up, caressing my cheek, and whispers, "I'm alive."

My eyes widen. He's alive. He's here, with me.

"You're back?" I whisper-shout.

He grins, "I'm back."

I put my hand on his chest, proving that this was, in fact, reality. His muscular chest felt warm to the touch, sending butterflies up my arms and into my heart.

I look up and stare him right in the eyes.

"Roy, don't ever do that again. Promise me?" I whisper to him.

He chuckles and grabs me by the waist, pulling me close. Following his direction, I climb up onto the creaky hospital bed. Our faces are mere centimetres apart as he whispers, "I promise, Riza."

As the tears start falling down both of our faces, I carefully grab his face and kiss him with more love than I'd ever felt before. The kiss started out tender and sweet, but then grew to a fiery passion that hadn't been felt for over a year.

We stayed like that for a while, then Roy pushed me away. What's wrong? Did I do something wrong?

"Riza," He clears his throat, "Thank you. I know that this year has been hard for both of us, but you actually came back. And you gave me a precious daughter. You are my soulmate."

The tears are returning. They pour down my face as I whisper back, "And you're mine."

We sit in comfortable silence for what seems like mere moments, but in reality is hours.

After a while, he begins to shuffle uncomfortably beneath me.

I try to adjust myself so that he's more comfortable, but I don't think that I'm the problem. All of a sudden, he starts to get up. I crawl off the bed with him, helping him stand.

As soon as he's standing, he keeps down. I thought that he was falling over, but he did it purposefully. He takes my hand in his, kisses it and asks a simple question:

"Riza, will you marry me?"

"Yes."

The end thank you for following this story. Keep a lookout for my HETALIA fanfic, coming soon! Follow my anime Instagram page: @still_falling_angel!

(ps, I've had this fanfic finished for months, but I kept forgetting to publish! Sorry to any fans! If you would like a sequel, please tell me. I will not make one if you don't want one. Ta Ta for now,

-Still Falling angel)