Chapter Fourteen

UNEDITED

"Nothing ever truly goes as planned."

"And that is why back-up plans were invented."

"But we are not getting anywhere."

"And not winning any of Itachi's favors, I might add."

"Who invited the foxy blonde to the celebration?"

"Foxy? Seriously? Is that supposed to be sarcasm?"

"Suigetsu-"

"Yeah, yeah. I get it. Integral-to-the-plan man and everything."

"Uh.. I don't think its a very good idea to dismiss Itachi. You know, since Sasuke's not here and I am not really very inclined to protect you..."

"As if I need protection from a bunch of big talking - whoa! Again with the blasted knife!"

"Who's the big talker now, huh?"

"Both of you.. Shut. Up."

"Is it just me or does he look a little scary?"

"Stupid idiot."

"You're the idiot."

"You are both idiots. Foolish little brother, we are having serious words about your choice of friends when you return."

"Aw, come on, Itachi! You're not the only one stuck with an idiot for planning."

"You see what I've been dealing with for the past week, lord Itachi?"

"Clearly, you fell on your head as a baby, shark-face, if you think you're the smarter one."

"Shark-fa - have you been talking to Karin!?"

"Who the heck is Karin?"

"Um, Naruto, Suigetsu, maybe we can concentrate on what we have gathered here to do?"

"Of course, my lady. Honestly, some idiots just don't know when to shut up. Is that hot ramen?"

"Well, hello beautiful - OW!! Ow! Ow! Ow! You actually struck me!"

"You deserve it - whoa! Ita- Itachi.. how could you - and at me?"

"Stop sobbing. You're not a child. No, you know what? I take that back."

"Why you-!"

"This plan is actually not so bad. But I do not see someone like Danzo easily falling for such a trick. Isn't that what you are thinking, Lord Husband?"

"Its not meant for Danzo. He is the main bird, sure. But he isn't the Uchiha on the throne."

"It makes sense to first cut Inabi and his men out of the picture. Danzo isn't of Uchiha blood. He cannot take the throne."

"Do you think something like that will stop the bastard?"

"Oi, watch your tongue in the presence of our lady."

"Lord Husband?"

"...It might work. But only if it goes exactly as planned."

"..."

"..."

"Let us hear your back-up plans."

*

With a mighty sigh, Sasuke plopped down on the grass. Removing his sandals, he dipped one foot after another in the cool water of the lake. The weather was steadily getting hotter as they climbed northwards.