chapter//eight

// this entire start of this chapter is smut, skip it, read it, it doesn't matter. but, the whole end is p important. the start... basically sirius wants one last night w remus, remus gives in. wow- summed up p well. i wasn't going to write smut into this story but i couldn't resist tbh

art by michelle-winer //

When James and Remus arrived back where everyone else was, Sirius was sitting on Remus's sleeping bag, idly smoothing out the wrinkles on his pale pillow. James gave Remus's shoulder one last squeeze of reassurance before slipping back into bed next to Lily. When Sirius saw Remus, his eyes lit up. Remus felt the annoyance from before burn away when he saw how happy Sirius appeared to be when he saw him. The hatred for Marlene and everything she represented was still there, but nothing for Sirius, not anymore. At least, not for now.

The older boy scrambled to his feet and wrapped his arms around Remus, hugging him as tight as he could. He was shocked by the sudden show of affection, to say the least, but he returned it nonetheless. Sirius felt limp in his arms, heavy like Remus was the only thing holding him up. Quite frankly, Remus wouldn't be surprised. He was surprised, however, when Sirius kissed him without a moment of hesitation. Remus pulled away almost instantly, eyes wide, searching Sirius's for any show of emotion.

"Please," Sirius begged. "Rem... one last time, then... then I'll be done." Done with what? "Please. I want you, all of you, just one last time." Remus kissed him this time. One last time, one last night, what's the harm in that? Remus would never admit it, not even to himself, but he wanted this just as much as Sirius did, if not more. He wanted to closure, he wanted to know that whatever they had was gone, and after tonight, he could have that.

Hopefully.

"Where?" Remus breathed against Sirius's lips. He pulled away and grabbed his bag, which sat at their feet, and pulled him into the woods. They found a small clearing with trees sagging overhead. Sirius pulled out a couple blankets and draped them across the ground, then cast Lumos with his wand and set it nearby before tossing his bag to the side and once again pulling Remus into a warm, passionate, and impulsive kiss. Remus stumbled a bit, and almost fell back onto the blankets. Sirius pulled him down anyway, their lips barely parting for more than a moment.

Sirius used the gasp of surprise from Remus to deepen the kiss, to make it open-mouthed. Remus tangled his fingers in Sirius's long hair that he'd so desperately missed, he missed running his fingers through it and brushing it out of his face and tugging at it, he missed all of him. Sirius had pulled Remus onto his lap, arms wrapped tightly around his waist, holding him as close as he possibly could. Remus couldn't help but smirk, Marlene had nothing on him.

Sirius slipped his hands beneath Remus's shirt and pulled it slightly up, as a show he wanted it off. Remus pulled away and lifted his arms above his head so Sirius could pull it over his head. Remus did the same with Sirius's shirt. Once it was off, Remus couldn't help his gasp of surprise. He'd forgotten how bloody perfect Sirius was, he had abs and a brilliantly toned chest, and his arms, Merlin, his arms. Remus could feel Sirius's eyes on him, too, and he wondered if his new scars bothered the older boy.

"Fucking beautiful," Sirius uttered. Remus smiled shyly, but he didn't have much time because once again their lips were pushed together. He ran his fingernails across Sirius's back, then his chest and his stomach, then his hips. Then Remus pulled away, taking another moment to rake his eyes across Sirius's body because this was the very last time he'd be able to see him like this, a lustful mess, and Remus didn't want that to go to waste, he wouldn't let it. Remus cupped Sirius's face in his hands, running his thumbs across his cheekbones.

He felt Sirius run his hands across his chest, not an inch of him was unexplored by those rough hands. Remus noticed that Sirius had specifically traced over his larger scars. Some new, some old, but Sirius thankfully didn't seem to care. Remus leaned down and kissed the underside of Sirius's jaw, then behind his ear and down his neck, stopping to nip and lick his collarbone. The older boy's breath became slightly more ragged, much to Remus's amusement. He didn't hesitate to leave a couple hickies along the way down to his chest, the bright purplish blue standing out wonderfully against his skin.