My story Begins.

CHAPTER ONE
🌙

" Katty, hello? Are you even alive in there?"

I snorted, opening my eyes to the tart smell of cigarette smoke and sweet tea. I glanced over at Derek and stuck my tongue out. This was my morning, for sure. As I snatched the cigarette from his mouth, he threw clothes at me while I took in his messy brown and wavy hair that tickled the nape of his neck. It always fascinated me how even though we shared blood, we were truly opposites on the image scale. Of course, it helped that he didn't have to hide all the time, spotted out and about, but I was conditioned to never be seen.

He wasn't super attractive, but he was to some. His slightly tan skin and silver eyes with green speaks were enchanting to most, and his thin rectangles of glasses clutched his face, making his few freckles pop out and adding character to his face. His frame was the thing that made most girls stare if he didn't hide it, tall and slightly muscular with no unneeded fat to be seen.

Tattoos graced his hands, arms, and back like a map of feelings and meanings. But he hid all of this when outside our walls, with baggy shirts and sweat pants, beanies constantly lived on his head, and fake piercings would be placed on his lips and nose Most of the time. He has shown himself at balls and royal meetings.

He was my brother, one of Halloween town's most feared and powerful warlocks, and Derek was well beyond our father's knowledge of talent. You would think he would want praise or glory rained on him, the one who could change the seasons with a snap of his fingers, but no, he just wanted to be left alone, or that's all he used to enjoy.

That was what our parents instilled in us, though. So how are we related, a shiftier and a warlock? Well, our father is known for being a lady's man... And Derek was the result of one, and my mother is kind and selfless, being overlooked and accepting Derek with open arms.

 And Derek was the result of one, and my mother is kind and selfless, being overlooked and accepting Derek with open arms

I stood up and inspected myself in the mirror. Long wavy blond and pale blue trails hung down my back before stopping at my hips. Pale skin clashed with big pale purple eyes that felt and looked too big for my small porcelain face.

Pink lips chapped and peeled, making them seem two-toned. Freckles covered my high cheekbones, and one single flat mole graced the side of my tiny nose.