10 | "one swift kick"

i race down the hallway with taylor hot on my heels, leaving justus behind.

the corridor goes on forever and taylor is catching up. there's no way i can out-run her.

i need to think fast.

"i want to be your end game," she screeches.

i trip and skid across the floor. my stupid shoe makes that 'skree' noise, leaving a black mark where i kicked the floor.

god dammit, i'm sick of falling on this floor.

i scramble to get up, but i'm not quick enough. taylor grabs my ankle and yanks me harder than a man does a nose hair (y'all are filthy for thinking i was gonna say something else.)

"this is why we can't have nice things..." she shoots a sticky substance from her mouth, pinning me to the floor.

"no, they never get far," she says as she crawls over me.

"ocean blue eyes, looking in mine. i feel like i might sink and drown and-"

"die!"

justus comes flying - literally - out of no where, kicking taylor swift off me. she goes flying into the nearest wall, slamming against it with a sickening thud.

"well that was perfect timing," i say to justus.

"call it what you want," he replies.

he starts ripping the spider web-like stuff off of me and helps me to my feet.

"guess you could say you defeated her with one swift kick."

"shut up."

"okay."

we begin walking past taylor, wanting to get away from the area as soon as possible, when all of a sudden she rolls over.

"look what you made me do," she growls.

"run," i say.

"no, flying is faster! hold on to me."

i awkwardly grab onto justus' side, not knowing exactly how or where to hold him.

"...are you ready for it?" he asks.

"yes!" i shout.

taylor screams and lunges for us just as we take off.

she misses and hisses in frustration, spittle flying everywhere.

"see, told you you aren't the only one who spits while talking."

"shush."

we zoom down the hallway, leaving taylor behind in the destruction.