11 | "demon instinct"

"i have so many questions," i say out of breath.

"i know. i've been with your annoying a*s all day."

i wait till i catch my breath before continuing, "why and how is taylor swift dead? and why the hell is she a lizard? and what was with all the puns, oh my gosh."

"taylor isn't dead, she's a demon like me. that 'lizard' back there is her true form. she disguises herself as a celebrity human because she's able to punish millions of mortals with her singing. and she's good at puns."

"whoa, like logan paul? is he just punishing millions of people too?"

"no, he's a mortal. he's just talented at p*ssing everyone off. you should've seen how angry satan was when he found out there was a human almost as bad as him."

"oh wow," is all i reply. "i liked taylor swift though..."

"her new album's pretty bomb, i'll admit."

"i know right! anyways, who are the 'three k's'? why did that make her so furious?"

"the three k's are katy, kanye and kim. i just wanted to p*ss her off."

"yeah, well i think it worked."

"sorry, demon's instinct."

"wow. you need to be careful who you're going 'demon instinct' on. we nearly died back there. again."

"no, you nearly died. i saved your a*s and you didn't even thank me. all you did was leave me behind."

"i'm sorry, but i was trying to escape from a pun-filled, goop-spitting, snake-hissing, vulture-screaming, lizard celebrity who wanted to rip my face off!"

i realise i've been screaming at justus.

"well you can save yourself next time because i'm not going to be there." he spreads his wings and takes off.

"justus, wait! i'm sorry!" i try to run after him, but i slip and fall on the polished floor for the hundredth time that day.

"why the frig do i keep falling? is it because i'm in hell and it's a little joke to p*ss me off? and why am i talking to myself out loud?"

i sigh and push myself up.

he'll be back. he has to. he's my demon. my friend. my savior.

"this is all taylor's fault," i mumble under my breath as i walk down the corridor.

"don't blame me," hisses a voice behind me.