chapter 16

I walked out to the living room. Dean was watching TV. He turned it off when he saw me come into the room. Jesus, he looks crap. His lip was swollen and he had a cut above his eye. I felt horrible when I saw his face. He stood up and walked cautiously towards me.

"How are you feeling baby?" he asked as he pulled me into his loving embrace. I reached up and ran my fingers across his swollen lips. He winced a little.

"I am fine. What about you? Baby, you are hurt."

"I am fine. You should see the other guy." he gave me a weak smile.

"That is not funny Dean. I am so mad at both of you. I cannot believe you two were fighting like idiots. Why would you hit him like that?"

"You know why I hit him. I would gladly do it again" his voice was cold, and ruthless. He meant every word. I could see it in his eyes.

"Baby, I know you care about me. And I am yours. Nothing is going to change that. But I had it under control." I tried to touch his cheek, but he jerked his head away.

"It didn't look like it to me. I saw the whole thing. He kissed you without your permission. That reason alone was enough for me to choke the shit out of him."

"But he is my friend. Or at least was. I wish you two did not fight. This does not make things easier for me."

"I still have to see him in class next Friday. It was bad enough to avoid him yesterday in class. Now it is really going to hurt not being able to talk to him. Why can't things be so simple? My mother won't talk to me, my best friend hates me, and my boyfriend is fucking crazy."

"I am truly sorry about you mother, baby I really am. But I would be lying if I said that I was not relieved that Mike has stepped back out of the picture. I knew he had feelings for you from the start. I just wish that things were better for you. I am so sorry for acting the way I did. Please forgive me, Nicole? I can't lose you over this."

"I am not going anywhere Dean. You mean so much to me. I just wish things could be different."

I laid my head on his chest. I breathe him in, taking in his smell. He smelled so good, like musk and his essence. How I needed to be in his arms right now.

"Tell you what, next weekend; I want to take you to L.A. to visit my family. My sister and her husband will be there. It would be a perfect time for my family to meet my future wife." he said with a smirk. I tilted my head back so that I could see into his eyes.

"Future wife huh?" I asked in disbelief

"Yes. You will be my wife one day. I want you in every way possible. You are my world Nicole. I would do anything to keep you. Don't you ever forget that." my heart melted as the words rang in my head.

Marriage talk this early. Hell why not? I know I love him, and I know I will not want another man as much as I wanted him. But we will have time to discuss marriage later date. Way way later.

"My birthday was a disaster." I sighed and sat down on the couch.

"Not quite. It is only 4 pm. So we have plenty of time to party like it's 1999. But first, I owe you an orgasm." he gave me a mischievous grin. Oh what is he up to. My inside clenched down as I thought about the possibilities. He can make me come so many ways.

"We have 2 hours before Tracy and Bryan get here for you birthday dinner. Let us make the best of those 2 hours. I want you begging for me to make you come." He stalked over to me. "I want you screaming my name as I make you come over and over and over." he leaned over me and ran his tongue across my lips. I moaned in delight. I was about to kiss him when he grabbed me by my hips and tossed me over his shoulder.