When He Loves Your Body

You sat on the edge of the old, dorm bed. Your elbows resting on your knees and head cradled in your hands. Silent tears fell from your beautiful eyes and a wave of despair washed over you.

The male stood in absolute silence; his green eyes widening at the realisation that, you were truly past your breaking point.

Newt had known for a while that you despised your figure. He’d never really understood why. To him, you were perfect but he knew you hated your body.

For so long he had watched as you attempted to avoid mirrors, scales and even meals. As soon as your lover had noticed that you were uninterested in food, he had known things were going from bad to worse. He had you eating again that very day. The dark-haired male refused to let his girl starve just because society didn’t approve of your wonderful figure.

Screw society with its perfect teeth and tits. He didn’t want to be in love with a plastic doll. He wanted you and all your quirks and so called “imperfections”. They weren’t imperfections at all. They were simple qualities that made you, well, you.

Things had been going okay until today. Today had been a very bad day. Newt hadn’t been around to see what had triggered the breakdown of his beautiful partner but he knew that your continuous weeping was not a good sign. Something inside you had snapped and the male needed to fix you.

He gulped, glancing down to look at his shaking hands. He couldn’t bear to see you like this. It was absolute agony for your boyfriend to witness you looking completely defeated. Deep breathes, he reminded himself. He would be no good to you if he too was a wreck.

Taking a step towards the double bed, Newt carefully mounted the mattress, moving slightly so that he was sat directly behind you.

You felt his weight dip the bed slightly. Lifting your head from your hands and sitting up straight, you let out a shaky breath before speaking. “I can’t do this, Newt,” you tearily whispered. “I can’t live looking like this anymore.”

His own tears were now falling. “I know.”

Deep breaths, Newt. The male reminded himself once more. “What can I say or do to make this all go away?”

You turned your head slightly to the left so that you could just about see him through your peripheral vision. “Nothing.” you sounded as exhausted as you looked. Glancing away, you stared up at the ceiling, wishing desperately for some miracle transformation. “You can’t change the fact that I’m hideous.”

“(Y/N)...”

The tears fell in a steady river, running down your cheeks, along the length of your elegant neck, disappearing and discolouring your t-shirt. “You should go,” you concluded, sniffing and hastily wiping your tears away. This was stupid; you crying over something that could never be changed. You really did believe yourself to be quite the pathetic human being. “Get as far away from this doomed relationship as you can. Maybe you can marry a beautiful witch. Have some beautiful babies. Live in a beautiful house. And while you’re at it, remind us inferior mortals that, we're not beautiful and that we'll never be beautiful."

Your words stung your lover. The young male knew that you were emotionally hurt but your malice still caused Newt to flinch in utter shock. You were acting so blasé now; forgetting that he truly loved you for who you were. “I’m not leaving you here alone, thinking yourself not worthy.”