When It's Time For Your Punishment (Part One)

A/N:

WARNING: Contains smut.

Person: Smut ahead? Uh, I sure hope it does.

****

You couldn't help but audibly groan, as you attempted to alleviate your aching muscles, as you lay there, basking in the sunlight that streamed through the open window, stretched out like a contented cat upon the bed.

It was one of those hot summer days, when the air smelled of fragrant flowers and baking earth. The atmosphere was oppressive and humid, leaving the skin glistening like raindrops on a cool autumn morning.

You lazily rolled onto your side, eye lids fluttering open to be met with a world bathed in a rose gold tint. The Midas-touched landscape was far too bright and exquisite for your mere mortal gaze, so you quickly buried your face within the depths of your mound of pillows.

The colour of water blue sky looked so incredibly refreshing and inviting, oh how you wished to skinny dip amongst the clouds.

You could barely suppress a smile when you felt his fingers gently trace the curve of your hip. You felt the handsome male settle down beside you on the queen-sized bed, his arms wrapped around your waist as he pulled you closer to his comforting frame.

"Hey." he whispered in your ear, his breath tickling the length of your neck.

You murmur your reply halfheartedly, a wave of pacified exhaustion washed over you, slowly taking your consciousness away with it's receding tide.

Though you were warm to his touch, your lover thought nothing of it, had you not been lying in the amber glow for a good part of the day?

"Are you feeling any better?" he enquired, lips pressed to the spot just below your ear, which caused you to squirm beneath his chaste touch.

Reluctantly you manoeuvred your weary limbs, so that you could be face to face with your undeniably alluring boyfriend. You were momentarily distracted by how simply beautiful he looked in the half light. Dying sun rays threaded through locks of his hair, creating an angelic halo around the crown of his head. You were most mesmerised by the galaxy that the glimmer had set afire within the glassy irises. Within that pigment-rich orb, was a world you would visit in your dreams. "Just a slight headache." you eventually confessed.

"Can I get you anything? Some water, maybe some food?"

Your stomach flipped slightly at the mention of food, not an entirely pleasant feeling. "I'm fine." you smiled reassuringly at him. "Really."

This was just your body's way of telling you it needed a rest, you were sure of it. In no time at all you would be feeling better. Had you not spent the last week feeling anxious and having trouble sleeping? Undeniably your Amygdala must have been constantly overstimulated and your brain as a result, must have forced you into a state of repose.

Your mind was elsewhere when you had finally heard the soft call of your name, bringing you back down to reality. "huh?" you said in a condition of confusion.

He simply chuckled at your dazed expression. Usually you had a smart quip for your lover but of late, you had been less focused on your surroundings. He was aware that things had been more stressful in recent days, so he just assumed that your mind was fixated on more important issues.

"I said, only if you're sure."

With a sudden light bulb moment, you feigned innocence as you mewled, "There is actually one thing you could do for me..."

"Yeah?"

"You...you could kiss me?"

He grinned at your words. "Oh really?"