"Baby..." you murmured. "what's wrong?"

"You like that, sweetheart?" you asked, breathy moan tumbling from your lips, as you sunk down onto his member once more. Your pace slow, indulgent. Neith of you in a rush to reach your climax. 

The joining of your bodies was a chance to reconnect with one another.

Despite being stuck indoors, life had somehow become even more intense, with little time to enjoy the simple pleasures, such as shared cup of coffee or a morning kiss. 

Finally you bith had a day off and with nothing to interrupt your evening, you both had relished in the act of removing one another's clothes. 

Instead of heated kisses, you shared tender embraces and savoured the moment of  being intimate once again. 

Soft smiles, whispered confessions and hushed giggles danced in the air, mingling with the gentle music emanating from the mp3 player on your nightstand. 

A gasp caught in his throat, as you placed a trial of kisses along the column of his neck, a path well-travelled. Decorated with marks of adoration, not ownership.

As he held you so carefully in his arms, he could hardly believe how...alive you were. Beyond the window pane and into the streets below, death and decay seemed to have seized the world and yet here you were, blooming before him, a peony of adoration and kindness.

He hoped in earnest that you felt the same way. No matter the situation, you always endeavoured to make sure that he felt appreciated. 

To see you happy, was all he ever wanted. Recently your smile had been replaced with an expression of sorrow. Your usual sunny deposition had fallen away to fear. He wanted to do something, anything to alleviate your suffering, yet with the numbers rising and the world falling into further disarray, he was struggling to find a solution. 

Days had been dark, nights worse. All he wanted to do was remind you, that it was going to be alright. Really, it was. It would take some time and no doubt, a few mistakes but normailty was on the horizon. He had to believe in this dwindling hope. If not for himself, then for your sake. 

As you pulled his body flushed against yourself, he could feel the rhythmic beat of your heart. He was completely encompassed by your warmth. His hands would not cease their exploration of your skin. So greedy were his fingertips, eager to memorise every curve, every inch, of you. 

He was too absorbed in your being to even notice that he had started crying. 

At the first signs of tears you stilled your movements, terrified that you had hurt your lover in some way. 

Whether you were inside or outside of the bedroom, there was always a basic level of trust and friendship between you both. Irregardless of your relationship status or height of ecstatsy, his wellbeing was always your top priority. 

Untangling your fingers from his hair, you were quick to cup his face beneath you palms, eyes serching his face for immediate indications of distress. "Baby..." you murmured. "what's wrong?"

There was nothing wrong per say. In fact, everything leading up to that moment had felt so right. He always felt this overwhelmed when he got distracted and consumed by his own thoughts. 

A surpised "oh" left your lips as you suddenly found yourself cradled against his body in tight hug. Wrapping your arms around him in return, your felt more tears escape his eyes and fall down the curvature of your spine, as he buried his face against the warm spot between your shoulder and neck. 

"My love, I'm worried. Are you hurt?" 

Though he shook his head again, his sobs grew in intensity. A tremble ran through his body, as your lover was overcome with emotion. 

Unsure what had caused this decline in joy, you continued to suport his weary frame, as he lent into you, seeking comfort in your caress. You rubbed his back soothingly, before carding your fingers gently through his fine locks. "Take your time, baby." you cooed. "Let it all out. We've got time, okay? I'm not going anywhere."

"I'm sorry." he managed to choke out inbetween his whimpers.

You frowned as he looked up at you with red-rimmed eyes and tear-stained cheeks. He felt overburdened with sentiments of gratitude he wanted to express and yet, words failed him. He could not find a way to coherantly express his inner thoughts, to calm your worries for his safety. It pained him further to watch you stare back with a look of pure disquietude marring your features. 

Carefully drying his tears, you patiently waited for his reply. "Do you want to stop?"

He shook his head, so you gave him a moment to compose himself. hands moving from his face, to rest on his shoulders, as you steadied yourself. 

"I love you." was all he was able to stutter. He held you close once more. One arm wrapped around you securely, the other holding the back of your head. 

"I love you too." you replied without hesitation. "Why are you crying, darling? Can you tell me?"

"I was..." he paused. "I was just overthinking again."

Cupping his face once more, you softly smiled before placing loving kisses upon his face, lips, cheeks, brow...wherever you could reach. "I love you. I love you. I love you." you mumbled, those three words coming a mantra. 

"I love you." he smiled through the thin veil of drying tears. Nose scruching up as you continued your affectionate onslaught.

"I love you more."

"Impossible." he grinned, causing you to laugh. It made his heart skip a beat, what a beautiful sound.