1

I used to keep a journal like this 100 years ago, and now that I'm about to embark on a new journey, I figured I'd start one again. Besides, I have nothing better to do until Link wakes up.

Two days ago, Link and I arrived in Kakariko village, both of us injured. Paya, Impa's granddaughter, immediately called for help, and the villagers brought us to their nearest inn. The woman behind the counter gave us the room for free considering what we had just been through, and here we are.

So much has changed in the past 100 years. I barely know anybody in Kakariko village besides Impa, which forces me to wonder what happened to my old friends? Did they lose their lives in the war as well?

Impa has been telling me of things that had happened over 100 years, including stories of Link's triumphs. She tells me of the grievances that fell over the Kingdom once the Champions and I were lost. I wouldn't tell anyone this, not even Link, but I feel that all of these problems could've been avoided if I had obtain control of my power earlier. The Champions could've stayed alive, and Link would've finished the job quickly. We could've grew old with our friends.

Not together, of course.

Link says more things in his sleep then he does in a week. He mumbles about the fallen Champions and the trials he faced to get Ganon, and sometimes he'll say my name. I've assured him that I'm by his side, but only while he's asleep.

No matter what, he'll always be a knight. A hero. The hero. As much recovery as I've got to do, I can only imagine what's going on inside his head.

Once Link feels up to it, I've decided that we're going to visit the Zora Domain. I owe apologies to the Zora King, and Prince Sidon. Even the rest of the citizens.

Then, we shall visit Death Mountain. Daruk's family and friends also deserve apologies.

After that, Rito Village, where we'll speak to Revali's ancestors. I know that Link and Revali didn't have the best relationship back then, but I'm sure Link feels a bit of sorrow for the Rito.

And then, where I dread, Gerudo Town. It will not be the same without Urbosa, and I'm not sure they'll allow Link to go in. We'll extend our stay at each aforementioned place before taking place in Gerudo Town.

I hope that each divine beast is doing well, and it would be nice to visit them while they act as ours, rather than taken over by Calamity.

Link sleeps peacefully still, so I will close this entry and visit Impa.

~Princess Zelda of Hyrule