8

Link is asleep now. Earlier we sat on the floor of the inn at Rito Village, neither of us desiring to rest.

Before that, he used the last of his rupees to buy me a shirt and pants from the Rito. I was very grateful for the new clothes.

On the floor, he attended to one of his wounds with a bandage while I braided my hair. When I asked him what happened, he told me he had a bad run with a Lynel before fighting Ganon.

I asked him about his other scars. He told stories of bruises on his arm from Bokobolin Clubs, cuts on his legs from arrows, and a couple of scratches here and there from other trials. He had a scar from his right temple to the top of his ear, which he said was from a member of the Yiga Clan. The worst, I thought, was on his left side from a monster called the Molduga he had fought to obtain medicine for a Gerudo.

Link thought the worst were his hands. He said from gripping all the shields and sword handles, his knuckles were red and bruised. He had rope burn from the bows he maneuvered. He had scars and scratches all over from climbing rocks and other buildings.

I could tell he was in pain. I moved towards him and finished tending to the wound.

I told him that he didn't need to pretend like the wounds didn't hurt him, and he said, and I quote, "After a while, I forget about the pain. Plus I have Mipha's Grace."

After seeing my confusion, he said, "Mipha gave me her healing power, so if I'm badly damaged or near death, she brings me back to life".

I said, "That's kind of her".

He responded, "Yes. It's almost like I get to keep a part of her with me".

I went to bed.

-Princess Zelda