Chapter 2

Constant ringing, drenched hair, soaked clothes, cold bodies. This is most likely how Damien Spears, April Galton, Daisy Simmons, Kate Morrison, and Louis Truss would describe how the felt if they were awake. They have been drifting at sea for hours after the sinking of their ship and being knocked out by a wave big enough to tip a freighter.  Only five of the six made it to the shore, only one of the six had life vests during the accident, only one of the six is missing; Oliver Striker, or Ollie. He couldn't find a life vests before the ship went under and they were washed away. He spent time saving April who had been put in shock after being partially struck by lightning and has not been seen since they all left the cabin of the yacht. 

"Oh God...Where are we?" Louis asked as he sat up and looked around. He and the others were all pulled up just enough from the shore where the water wouldn't touch them. "Louis...what's goin' on?" Kate asked as she sat up and examined their surroundings. "Where on some island, maybe one of the Caribbean islands?" He suggested as stood up and helped her up. "I don't know....there's the others." She said as she turned around. "Kate...Louis?" Damien said as they helped him up. "Did you pull us this far off the shore?" "No...we just came to." Kate explained as Daisy got up and walked to them. "Where are we?" She asked as she held her arms since she was still cold. "I dunno...where's April?!" Kate said as she looked around instantly. "There!" Damien said as he pointed as the part of the beach where dirt and sand met. The island they were on was outlined 90% by beaches and the other 10% was either water or cliffs. They were on a beach that slowly blended in with the tropical forest and mountainous part of the island. "Is she ok?" Dais asked as they all surrounded her. "What happened?....Why are we not on the yacht?!" April asked as she came to. "The yacht went down, you were knocked out by a lightning bolt before it sunk though." Louis explained as they helped her up. "That explains why I feel an abnormal tingly feeling in my hair and feet." She said as she looked at the open sea ahead of them. "Who pulled me out?" "OLLIE!" The others yelled as they realized they were missing someone. "What happened to him?" She asked as the others scanned the beach for him. "He pulled you out but didn't have a life vests." Damien explained as the looked down both sides of the beach. "Look, what's that against the tree?" Kate asked as she pointed ahead of where April had been laying. "That's him!" Louis yelled as they all ran over to him.

"Ollie?" "Ollie!" "Wake the hell up Oliver!" They all yelled as they moved him from leaning against the tree to laying flat on the ground. "Yuh...I hear you, calm the fuck down." He replied, but continued to lay there. "Are you ok?" Damien asked as he examined Ollie's body for injuries. "I'm fine, but tired as hell from carrying you all to shore and performing CPR on each of you." Ollie explained as he stayed the same as before. "You brought us away from the shore?" April asked. "The best that I could, I took you the  furthest though, April, since you had been hurt before the others passed out. "No offence to you guys, but you're heavy as fuck. Hahahaha...I know I'm weak but still, I barely had any strength for Kate and Louis after carrying the rest of you to a decent distance. "Can you stand?" Kate asked as she reached out to help pull me up. "Yeah...just too tired to." He said jokingly as he took her hand and stood up. "So...any ideas where we're at?" "We assume we drifted off to one of the smaller islands in the Caribbean. "So we should expect help when? A few days, maybe a week?" Oliver asked. "If we're lucky, then yeah that sounds accurate." Damien replied as he and Ollie looked at the ocean. "So we should get settled here and get ready to wait a little while I'm guessing?" Kate asked us as she looked at the thick forest behind us. "That would be a good idea, and this beach is big enough for us to set up some sort of camp." Louis added as they all examined the beach more. "What about food?" Daisy asked. "Oh my God....while that is an important detail Daisy, right now  we need to focus on getting a shelter up because we don't know what's out there and how long we'll be here." Kate said in a very serious manner that shocked Ollie completely. "Uhhh...exactly, now I know this won't be some Bear Grylls shit but any ideas on how we can start getting decent wood to make a structure for a shelter?" Ollie asked Damien as they all looked at the forest. "We could use what's already on the ground, make our way up." April suggested. "It's a start." Damien replied. "Ok, so all of us need to grab as many decently long branches that we can find and put them here." Ollie said while pointing at a rock. "Got it." Louis said as they all entered the forest together and began to do such.