Chapter 5

Three days ago was one of the more exciting day on the island. The two new stragglers, Zack and Ashley, woke up after being lost at sea, just like the others. They both have gotten used to the island relatively quick and they now have parts to play as members of the lost group. Ashley goes with Damien and Oliver to hunt and Zack helps Daisy and April remove the fur and scales off the food that the others bring back. 

"Dude, you can't tell me you haven't looked." Damien whispered to Oliver as they trailed behind Ashley. "Nope, I haven't and I won't." Ollie replied as he continued looking at the trees and the ground. "It's a ten though, and coming from me that means something." He continued as he looked at Ashley. "I swear we've had this same conversations too many times back home." Ollie whispered as they continued walking. "Oh yeah, and you should know that I'm all talk. Never have I actually seen a chick's ass and instantly gone for it." Damien replied. "Isn't that why you and April broke up?" There was a short pause before Damien asked "You're trying to get with her, aren't you?" "What? No...Hell no. We're on an island, why would I date someone?" Ollie replied, shocked that Damien had called him out on that. "Ahhhh, I see. Well like I said, I don't plan on getting with Ashley." Damien said as they entered the place where they hunted. "And who exactly are you going for? I'm guessing Daisy since she's been coming in and out of your cabin almost every other night?" Oliver asked while looking around the area. "Nah man, I'm tryna get Kate." Damien replied as Oliver stopped and looked him right in the eyes and said "You're kidding me?" "What? She's actually fine looking and she's tolerable." Damien explained as they continued to walk around. "If only I had cash, then I'd give you it if you managed to get her to like you like that." Oliver said as he walked away, laughing. "Just you wait, It'll work!" Damien replied as he walked somewhere else.

Back at the camp April is helping Kate catch the fish, instead of Louis who is helping Zack and Daisy with the removal of the skin and scales of the group's food. "He's pretty cute." April said as she and Kate walked back to the water with their nets. "Yeah he's not bad, but I dunno." Kate said as they entered the water. "Look at him though. He's tall, and his pitch-black hair is just so amazing." April continued as they started to catch fish. They were silent until a few minutes later when they began heading back to the others. "Yeah I don't know if I'd get with him though, I mean we barely know him." Kate said while dragging her net. "Yeah, but even though there's eight of us here now, it still manages to get lonely sometimes. It would be nice to just have somebody." April explained before they got to Daisy and the others. "Nice job today, we should be set for the rest of the week!" Zack said as he looked at all the fish they had caught today. "Thanks, maybe you can help us next time and we'll show you how to catch 'em." April said to him while blushing. "Oh...sounds good." He replied, noticing her blushing. "Wassup!" Oliver said as he and the other two came out of the forest. "Dang, another big ass deer?" Louis asked as they all looked at their catches with awe. "Yep, I was teaching Ash how to get the perfect kill on a deer and she managed to get the Beta." He explained as they put their rabbits and deer down. "Beta?" Daisy asked, to nobody's shock. "You know that big buck Oliver managed to kill a few days ago? Well that was the Alpha, the best deer. This is the Beta, it's basically the second best." Damien explained while sitting next to the fire pit. "Ohhhh." Daisy replied, showing little interest. "Since everybody's here I have something I wanted to talk about." Oliver said while standing up so everybody could seem him. "What's up?" Kate asked as he got their attention. "The beach has done pretty well as a place for us to live. We're close enough to catch fish, the sand is perfect for the firepit and the huts aren't uneven thanks to it." He continued but notice that some of them were getting confused. "Where are you going with this?" Louis asked. "I think we should move inland. We'll be surrounded by the trees and the area where we hunt has a good area to rebuild the huts." Oliver explained to them as they looked at each other. "We would be a little safer, I guess." Zack said before April respond almost instantly "Yeah, I think it would be a good idea." "Does anybody disagree?" Ollie asked, mainly looking at Damien. "Nope, let's do it."  Damien said with the others agreeing with him. "Awesome. Louis and Zack gather up all the food and get it ready to move. April, Daisy, Kate make sure all of our supplies is ready to go. Ashley, help me and Damien take whatever we can from the huts." Ollie said while directing them where to go. "Sounds like a plan." She replied as everybody got to work. 

After two hours of hard work, everybody had done their jobs and had everything that they could take ready to go. Louis and Daisy were each carrying a crate of food, Zack and April were each carrying a crate of the pelts and scales from the animals.  Ashley and Oliver were carrying parts of the huts that they could reuse. Damien and Kate were also carrying parts of the huts but they were a little behind the group. "How much further?" Louis asked, stretching his arms while holding the basket. "We're almost there, don't worry." Ollie replied as he and Ashley walked passed him. "Where's Kate?" Daisy asked, looking around for her. "She' back there helping Damien." April replied, pointing behind them. "Looks like Ollie and Ashley are really getting along." Kate said as her and Damien picked up their supplies. "Yeah, I'm happy for him." Damien replied as they began to walk. Damien was sitley shaking because he was nervous. He's usually never nervous when it comes to this sort of thing, but that must be how he unintentionally showed how much he cared. "So...uh, Kate." He said as they continued to be slightly behind the rest of the group. "Yeah?" She asked, not having any idea what was about to happen. "So...uh, it can get a little lonely her on the island...And, uh, I was wondering if you'd want to help me make it less lonely?" He asked before she stopped, followed by him. "Are...are you asking me out?" She asked before turning to him. "Yes?" He replied before sighing. "It does get pretty lonely, and everybody should have somebody...I'd like that, Damien." She replied while making direct eye contact with him. Back with the others, they are almost at place where they will be rebuilding their huts. "Here it is!" Ashley said as she and Oliver sat their stuff down at the new campsite. "What do you think?" He asked as the others did the same. "Lots of trees, I like it." Zack said while looking around. "Awesome, then let's get to work." Ollie said before everybody grabbed parts of the huts and began to rebuild them.