Chapter 3

Two and a half weeks ago there was a ferocious storm that left six teenagers stranded on a mysterious island. These teenagers have faced the reality that if help was coming, it would have been there by then. While they haven't given up hope completely, they have decided to go about their days not just to survive on the island, but to actually live on it.

It is currently 11 o'clock at night and Oliver is a few yards down the beach staring up at the stars. "Three Hundred...Three Hundred-One...Three Hundred-Two." He was counting as many sars as he could in his head while laying on a smooth rock. Tonight's sky was filled with stars, there was barely a spot in the sky without one. Oliver would come up her to think to himself, to cry, to sing, to admire the beauty of the island and ocean, to vent to the little rock he had smudged a smiley face on with mud. "I want to get off this island, to see my other friends and my family again...but part of me wants to stay." He continues to himself. "I am surrounded by friends that I love and we are making it work here. I want to stay here because I'm away from everything that makes me angry, that makes me sad, all the pain I feel from home is gone. Here I'm..I'm finally happy." Oliver said to himself as he continued to gaze at the stars.

Oliver sat out there for another hour, then returned to his hut. Oliver knew he was at a perfect distance, so nobody heard his cry. At 7 o'clock everybody wakes up and starts doing their assigned jobs. Kate and Louis go out into the water and catch fish for the group,v April and Daisy skin the rabbits, deer, and fish for the group, and Damien and Oliver hunt the food in the forest and use the skins of the deer and rabbits to improve the insulation in the huts. "Good morning ladies." Ollie said as he came out of his hut. "Wassup." Louis replied as he grabbed him and Kate's fishing spears. "Just another beautiful day in paradise." April replied as she and Daisy sa next to the crates that were filled with rabbits. "Awesome. See you guys at lunch!" Oliver yelled as he and Damien entered the forest. Damien and Oliver had become familiar with the part of the island they hunted on like it was their own backyard. On their first few days of hunting they were always silent and concentrating on their kills, now that they have been doing this for more than a week they have the confidence to have casual conversations and joke around. "Ok..MFK." Damien said as he and Oliver walked through the forest. "Really? Why not I-SPY...or the color game?" Oliver replied. "Princess Leia, Harley Quinn, and Lara Croft...go." Oliver was no fan of this game, he always felt like some creep everytime he gave his answers. Damien, on the other hand, was always eager to tell his answers. "Ugh...Marry Leia, Screw Quinn, and Kill Croft." He replied as they entered the field from last chapter. "Hmmmm, well I'd fuck them all." Damien said as they crossed the field. "Of course you would." Ollie said to himself. The field they were in was very interesting, it was surrounded by trees and in the center of it there was small stream that lead into the forest, opposite from where the two came in from. Almost an hour after they left the camp the the two find what they woke up for. "Hey, there it is." Oliver whispered, he and Damien quickly crouched and locked their eyes on what they learned was the buck who led the other deer. "This is it...we got him right where we want him." Damien said as he stood up. "I'll keep his attention on me, sneak around and get him from behind." "Got it." Oliver replied as went to sneak around in the high grass. After a few minutes Oliver signaled Damien that he was about to go in for the kill. Oliver stood up, pulled his spear back and launched it at the neck of the buck. The spear made contact and the buck dropped instantly. "Holy Shit." They both said to themselves from across the field. They met up at the dead buck and just stared at it, shocked that it went down on the first hit. "Nice shot." Damien said as he pulled out rope and tied the hind legs together. "Thanks." Ollie replied as he did the same to the front legs.

Back at the camp, Louis and Kate are out getting their third, and final, catch for the day. "Twenty Bonefish, today's been good so far." Louis said as they walked out with their nets. "Yup, and I caught thirteen of them." Kate replied as fish started to swim into their nets. "We don't need to talk about that...Doesn't this job seem too easy?" Louis asked as they tied up their nets and turned back to the shore. "Maybe, but I won't complain. We're catching food and I'm good at it." Kate said as they arrived back on the beach. "Jesus, you guys are pretty good at catching fish." April said as she and Daisy took the nets of fish from them. "Just another day of work." Louis replied while standing in a superhero pose. "Mmhm, sureee." Daisy said as she opened the nets and released the fish onto the sand. "Are they back yet?" Kate asked as she and Louis sat next to the fire pit. "No, but I'm sure it won't be that long until they come back." Apri said as she grabbed a lighter and began to light the fire. Back in the forest, Damien and Oliver are struggling to pull the large buck back to the beach. "God dammit, this guy is heavy as hell." Oliver said as he could barely pull the animal. "Pussy, you're pulling it while I have to push." Damien replied as he also struggled. "Why don't you start a conversation? Hell, even one of your games could make this go by quicker." Ollie said as they moved a little more. "Ummm, ok...Let's play MFK again." Oliver already knew that Damien would bring this up as soon as he told him to start a conversation. "Really? God, I swear you and Louis need to find new games." Oliver said as they continued towards the beach. "Alright, I'll change it up. Only marrying and killing, sound good?" He asked as he pushed the buck. "Whatever." "Ok....Daisy, Kate, and April." Damien said this well knowing that it would bother Oliver. They all lived with each other on that beach and his answers, even though for a game, would come back to him everytime he saw them. "Uh...kill Daisy for sure, kill Kate and marry April I guess....Your turn, same people." Damien also knew what his answer would be from the instant he had asked the question. "I'd marry Kate, and kill April and Daisy." Damien replied almost instantaneously. "Of course you' kill April. I thought everything had been dropped since you guys broke up, right?" Ollie asked as they grew closer to the beach. "Maybe for her, but it's like I  say, a bitch is a bitch." Damien replied as if there wasn't anything wrong with what he just said. "Whatever..." Ollie replied as he and Damien came out of the forest with the buck. "Jesus Christ....nice catch." Kate said as they all looked over and saw the buck. "Right back atcha." Ollie replied examining the fish they had brought in today. "Is this all you got today?" Daisy asked looking around for another deer or maybe some rabbits. "Yes it is, this one buck is worth two..maybe even three normal deer, so this one catch will be worth it...your welcome." Damien replied rudely before grabbing his two fish that the others prepared and entered his hut. "Thanks guys." Ollie said as he sat down and started to eat his two fish.

After a morning full of work and filling their stomachs with lunch, some of the group stays awake and a few enter their huts to rest for a little bit. Ollie goes to his secret spot and sits in the sun and rests on his rock. Louis, April, and Daisy sit by the water and chat while swimming or tanning. Kate was with them earlier but is now in her hut, sleeping. Damien is in his hut...doing whatever it is that he does. Around, what feels like, 4 o'clock everybody comes to the firepit and chats until it is whoevers turn to cook dinner. "A weird childhood story?" Ollie asked Louis who had just told him to tell a story from his childhood. "Yeah, anything weird that happened to you...tell it." He replied as he and the others got ready to listen. "Um..ok. So in kindergarten, it was naptime. I was laying there between the recycling bin and the toy chest and I saw a small rock." Ollie said before being interrupted. "I'm scared as to where this story is going." April said as she and Kate laughed. "As I was saying...I saw this rock and I was not tired at all, so I took the rock and shoved it up my nose and had to go to the hospital to get it out." Ollie said before realizing that no one laughed. "So you just went to the hospital?" Daisy asked. "Well I sneezed it out when the doctor left the room to get the tool to remove it...but I laugh at it because of how stupid it was." Ollie replied. "Not one of your best." Kate added. "Welp, I'm gonna go back and wait in my hut, I hope dinner is better than your story, Ollie." Damien said as he got up. "I'll come with you." Daisy said as she got up and went with Damien. "Wh..what?" Louis asked himself as the others looked around at each other. "Are they?" Ollie asked before being interrupted by Kate. "Don't even say it." Everybody knew what Ollie was going to ask and they did not want to hear it or give an answer. Nobody knew what the two were doing in there, and they didn't care to pry...at that moment. Oliver cooked food and it was another nice ending to a nice day on the island that they now called home. There was a storm that night, the first once since they woke up on the island. The sea looked terrible during the storm, almost exactly like the night the yacht had gone down...