A Little Push

"I finished the dishes! Dad should be content with how the kitchen looks. It's not as neat as when Blue cleans though..." Red spoke while putting away a sponge, with a frown across his face. He couldn't stop thinking about him ever since the event on the roof from about two hours ago. Nor could he stop thinking about ways to help make Blue feel better. Even if he hits him sometimes, and yells at him often. He cares about him enough to surpass those negative actions.

"Good work. Tomorrow should be my turn, sorry I couldn't do it myself today, this book was getting too intense to do anything else but read." Vio briefly explained before walking away and submerging into the text that was on his hands.

Red watched as the purple fella wobbled clumsily through the dining table, letting out a giggle now and then, especially when Shadow stepped in to help him walk straight.

'Aww, Shadow sure is nice to him! And he knows exactly how to help Vio when he needs it. I wish I could do just that with Blue!' He thought, skipping down the halls of the castle. 'Hmm...It's a bit hard. Especially knowing how mad he gets when I try to do something as simple as trying to talk with him. But it's definitely not impossible!!'

Red stopped by the entrance to their father's dorm, and gently knocked on it. Afterwards, the tall mighty knight opened the door, he was wearing his favorite cucco pajamas. Perhaps he was already asleep.

"W-were you sleeping, dad? I'm so sorry! I can come back tomorrow if you want." Red smiled nervously.

Yaawwnn. "Oh no, then you will forget about it by then. You can tell me now, son." He rubbed his eyes while speaking.

Red inhaled before commencing his speech. "You know how Blue's been acting...well, blue? He has been like that for an entire week now! I want to make him feel better, but all I can think of is blank. Dad, that's where you come in. It would be nice if you could give me some ideas on the subject! Can you please do so? Even if you look sleepy?" He clasped his hands together and proceeded to use a very powerful tactic for people like him, the all-too-powerful puppy eyes, right after he finished.

His father blinked twice, took a moment to comprehend what he just said, then chuckled and ruffled his hair. "Oh Link- er, Red, you are practically dealing with yourself here. Between the two of us, I think you are the most likely to know the perfect solution for the situation."

Red pouted, but still nodded. "O-okay dad..." He said, although he didn't exactly understood what their father meant by that.

"Well....It's getting late, go to your room and get some sleep, son." He yawned again before closing the bedroom door.

Red looked down, it became his turn to comprehend what the other spoke about. Despite that, he knew his father meant well, so he shook off the slight disappointment of not getting the answer he wanted and took off to his room. Once inside the bedroom, he changed to his sleeping clothes, and flopped onto his soft bed.

He let out a small sigh. 'This is harder than I thought...Blue, I want to help you feel better about yourself. But how?' He sniffled, a tear making its way down his cheek. Then he stared directly at the candle that kept his room lit.

After a couple hours of a sleepless night, he sat up from the bed to look out the window. Then it hit him, literally. A shelf broke, and one of the decorations on it hit poor Red's head.

"Ouchies!" He rubbed his head softly. "Ow.....Oooh!!" He snapped his fingers. "I got it!!"

The red Link snickered and cuddled onto his blankets again, an idea had creeped into his mind, and he wanted it to be morning already to take action. The shelf can be fixed later on, and the decorations can be sweeped off afterwards too.

+×+×+×+×+×+

Morning arrived, the rays of sunshine hit Blue's eyelids. Groaning, he turned over the other way and covered his head with the pillow. He really didn't want to wake up to another terrible day.

However, a maid knocked on his door, meaning he had to get his butt out of the bed even if he didn't want to.

Grumble grumble

Blue annoyedly made it to the drawer, took out a blue tunic along with the rest of the usual getup, and got dressed. He shot a glance at his wall, decorated with the finest of weapons. Then, he realized there was something missing from it.

'Dammit, my hammer! Where is it?!' Blue thought to himself, his eyes widening at the possibility of it being completely lost. Later, he sprinted out of the dormitory in a frantic search of the weapon.

He spotted the purple-haired boy and mercilessly tackled him to the ground. "Where is my hammer?! Have you seen it?!" He growled.

"GAH! What a lunatic! Could you please get your filthy everything to get off of me? And no, I have not seen nor touched such a basic weapon." He groaned, rather annoyed. His morning has been ruined.

"Lies! I know you have it, you can't keep it hidden from me!!"

"Hey, c'mon!! Gimme a break! I didn't do anything!"

"Yeah right, you think nothing is a crime!"

"Imbecile, what did I do to you to deserve this?" He brought a hand up to face palm.

During the little discussion, another person went by the two, holding something that cought both of their eyes.

"Looking for this?" Red smiled innocently, holding Blue's hammer up for him to see clearly. "You gotta catch me first~!" Then, he ran off to a different direction.

"RED!!! COME HERE YOU LITTLE--" he cursed under his breath, got off of Shadow, and followed after the strangely cheerful child.

"Teehee!" Red couldn't stop his giggles during the chase, despite the fact how furious Blue seemed to be. Nobody liked their stuff to be taken without permission after all.

"Wow....That guy is screwed." Shadow thought out loud.

+×+×+×+

"Hah....hah...Finally, I got you cornered." Blue grumbled between pants, slowly approaching a cornered Red. They were up on the castle roof again. Not exactly on a corner, but rather feet away from falling off.

Red had a smile plastered on his face still. Even though he was near impending doom.
The other boy approached him with delay, as if he doesn't actually want to physically hurt him for stealing his hammer. Eventually, Blue was now standing right in front of him, captivated by the sight of something utterly beautiful.

The horizon of the land of Hyrule from on top of the castle was something astounding, and surely one of the best views of the entire world. In this exact moment, Red took the opportunity to do something that will either get him pushed off of the roof, or as a miracle, escape without any trouble. Which was to stand on his tip toes, and press his lips onto Blue's lonely, saddened, and lost lips.

"...!!!"

Blue's eyes widened, as if he just saw Ganon escape from a seal that had him trapped for generations. However, he chose to return the perplexing action by diving for seconds. Which made Red smile widely afterwards, his plan might have worked!

Might have, because Blue actually did push him off the roof after the kiss.

"...And that's for stealing my hammer." He let out a grin despite blushing like a fool, and turned around to walk away.