Garden of Thorns

As Blue made his way towards the exit, his steps slowed down at the multiple things that were going on in his head at the moment. Red actually gifted him with a peck on the lips, and what does he do? Push his potential love interest off the castle tops.

'What a sweet move you did there, Blue. Those kinds of wonderful things don't happen to you often and you went ahead and screwed it up! Urgh!!! I better go get him before the other two find out...or before he stops liking me!' Blue thought to himself before running into action to save the cinnamon roll, preferably, his cinnamon roll. Through the hundreds of stairs rumbled the grumbling boy, cursing under his breath as he worried for the other boy.

'I'm such an idiot!! B-but it's partially HIS fault too, for overwhelming me like that! He should know by now the dangers of being around someone such as I. Hot-headed, impatient, and overall, impulsive. Extremely impulsive!! I mean, I even threw the whole table across the room at the party. What kind of hero does that?!' He continued to think, mumbling out a few of the words in a very low, yet bitter voice. Later, when he made it to the outside of the castle, he tried to remember where Red and him were standing mere minutes ago.

Blue snapped his fingers after figuring out where Red could have landed. Although, he was stopped by a guard at the entrance of the castle gardens.

"Halt! You cannot pass."

"Wha- Why?!"

"Only the Princess of Hyrule is able to enter her private garden."

"Do you know who I AM? I'm the greatest hero of all, BLUE LINK."

"Hmmm....Ooooohhhh!! Mr. Blue? That kid who thrashed his own party? There's no way I'm letting an explosive spoiled brat in this fragile and delicate place, which the Princess cherishes so dearly. Begone, troublesome kid!"

"Grrr!!!" Blue impulsively growled at the soldier that protected the garden. Until something cought his eyes. It was Red, laying on top of a bush of pink roses, it looked like he was trying to stand up, but couldn't for some reason. His eyes also screamed pain, as they were drowned in tears. The sight almost made even him want to cry.

"Let me in!! Just for a moment, and then I will leave you in peace."

"Nnnnope! No can do trouble child."

"Grrrr!! How long were you here?! Didn't you hear a noice, like a scream, or something falling on a bush?"

"I can't hear well, but even if I was completely deaf and relied on other people telling me urgent matters like those, I wouldn't believe someone like you. Begone!"

"I save Hyrule, save you, your family, after I did all of that, THIS is the treatment I get?! I'm part of the Four Swords, you know, I'm not an evil doer like what you believe. Just...just...." he clenched his hands into fists. Tempted of punching the guard to oblivion, but he shot a glance at Red before doing so, and the sight made him feel more pity than anger. He was still attempting to get onto his feet, but it was so painful to do. "Get the heck out of my freaking way, before you become that table at my failed party."

The guard was getting some frightful vibes out of Blue, stricken with fear, he rose his hands to appear defenseless and stepped aside, not saying anything else about the matter.

"If you speak of what happened here today, you will regret it." He gave the soldier a death glare as he stepped into the greener area. As soon as he did, he sprinted towards Red in a blink of an eye and grabbed his arms in order to pull him up.

"Gah...ouch..." Red sobbed, wincing in pain. The roses had torns, which made him end up with cuts all over. Not only that but his clothes were no longer wearable as it was entirely covered in holes. Even his cute little scarlet hat was ruined. He took a step forward, but tripped with his own feet. "Gyah!!"

"Oh gosh...Red, this was all my fault!" Blue gritted his teeth in rage, not at Red, but at himself for allowing this to happen. He quickly wrapped his arms below the smaller Link to carry him. "I-I...I don't know what came over me, there was a mess of emotions twisted in the heat of the moment that I--"

"Blue, you didn't push me." Red interrupted him, although rather faintly. His eyelids were feeling heavy, and his body was slightly numb. "I fell."

"Don't lie like that!!! You're only hurt because I pushed you off!!" He unconsciously tightened the grip, making the other flinch. Blue noticed, and when he did, he lightened it immediately, and began to walk out of the garden.

"N-No, it wasn't you...." Red meowed effortly, however, he closed his eyes and leaned his head closer to Blue's chest afterwards.

Blue frowned, not saying anything else upon seeing the other falling asleep in his arms. 'Real kind there Blue, real kind. Even if you made him almost fall to his doom, he still tries to make you feel better about yourself.' He thought while walked inside the castle, making sure that the halls where free of the other Links. They will surely want to know what happened to poor Red if they see him. They will also want to know how and why it happened. So nosy!

Creeeek

The door to Red's bedroom echoed as Blue opened it as slowly and silently as possible. 'Dammit, door! You can never be trusted!' He cursed, but nevertheless, still continued the sneak. Now inside, he laid the poor boy on his bed. Then something else cought his eye.

'Huh? A broken shelf? And what are all these things doing on the floor?! Ugh...Red needs to tidy up his room more often!' Blue grunted, picking everything up from the floor and put them on a surface that might have needed some more furnishing.

'Ah, that should do the trick for now. I should be able to fix his shelf soon, too. In...return for pushing him off the roof...' He sighed deeply. 'I swear I could punch myself in the face right now. But what good will that do?'

+×+×+×+×+×

"Yaaawn-- ouch!!" Red couldn't finish yawning from a sudden sting in his arms. Then, he looked down to observe the skin, which was covered in bandages of all shapes and sizes. He glanced back up, setting both of his limbs beside him on the bed. "Oh yeaaaah...that happened." He told himself, remembering why he felt the stinging pain all over whenever he moves, although as if it was something that occurred daily. Or, normally.

After a couple minutes pass, he sniffed the air, only to smell something utterly delicious! His tummy grumbled after that, and he wrapped his arms around it, his cheeks slightly pink. Not only because of the loud sound his body just did, but because someone other than him heard it.

"I knew you would be hungry." The other Link let out after witnessing Red's adorable reaction. "I couldn't let you starve to death." He pulled up a chair to sit next to the bed, swooped a spoon into the bowl of creamy cucco soup that was in his right hand, and slowly brought it up to Red's mouth.

Red stared at the spoon, then glanced at Blue's slightly melancholic eyes. He couldn't refuse the yummy soup, so he gobled it up in mere milliseconds to satisfy both Blue and his own tummy. No questions were asked as to why he was being so kind to him all of a sudden, to the length of bandaging his wounds, tucking him to bed, and feeding him a warm bowl of soup.

Nevertheless, Red had nothing to forgive, because his claims were actually true. It wasn't a push, rather, a clumsy trip.

Red smiled cheerfully at the other, already starting to feel better. Blue, however, didn't smile back this time.

+×+×+×+×+

Author's note:

Good evening, I hope you're enjoying the story so far! Thank you for taking the time to read, and if there are some things I need to improve then don't be afraid to do some constructive criticism!

By the way, should I keep making doodles for the chapters? Or is it not necessary?

Have a good day!