First Warning

“…Is that true?”

“Yes, your highness, I saw the two walk out from your gardens. The red one was injured badly.”

“I see…”

The guard fixes his helmet when the Princess glanced down to think for a moment.

“Your highness, you have to do something about the troublesome blue boy. He’s been out of control. He’s behaving more like a bandit rather than a knight, much less a hero.”

The Princess squints at the sound of her guard’s bitter tone, she doesn’t like it when somebody talks about Blue that way. Or more like…when somebody talks about any of her four heroes that way,

“I understand your concern, Alexander, however I will need some time until I am able to apply a solution to the situation at hand. And…I don’t mind my flowers being torn…I just hope Red is okay…” she whispers the last part, only saying it to herself. “You are dismissed.”

“Very well, thank you Princess Zelda” he let out before returning to his usual post.

Meanwhile, the delicate ruler stands up from her throne and make her way to the nearest window.

From there she spots two of her heroes training new recruits, one was green and the other was blue. She stares intensely at Blue, her mind flooding with all the complaints and reports from other guards snitching on him and calling him out.

She sighs, and turns away. Trying to think on what to do.

What to do so everyone stops treating Blue as if he were the villain of the whole story. Because she believes in him. Yes indeed. From the bottom of her bright shiny heart, she believes that Blue will definitely find peace of mind soon.

It’s high noon, and the two heroes are done training new recruits.

Green grabs a small towel from the bathroom to wipe away the sweat from his face, then he hands it to Blue.

“Here, you might want to clean yourself a little.”

Blue sighs and accepts the towel, wiping his own sweat.

“Thanks, but I still have to put this tunic to wash later today. You want me to scrub yours too?”

“Oh boy, getting a favor from Blue of all people? Am I dreaming? Somebody pinch me!”

Blue rolls his eyes with a naughty chuckle. “With pleasure.” he says before pinching Green’s elbow.

“Ow!” he jumps back. “…Well, guess I did ask for it.”

“Yeah, you did. What else did you expect?”

Green shrugs, then smiles at him. “…I could use a clean tunic by tomorrow, thanks man. I’ll leave it by your door after I change, okay?”

“Sure thing.” He replies, watching Green walk away from the training grounds.

 He does the same right afterwards, but when he was nearing Red’s room to check on him, the Princess got in the way.

“Oh. Sorry, Princess, I almost bumped into you.” Blue clenched his teeth. Good thing he didn’t bump into her, because he was all stinky and sweaty.

Zelda shakes her head. “No, it’s perfectly fine…” quickly, she frowns, unable to keep her composure.

Blue furrows his eyebrows, concerned for the Princess. “Hey…um…Is everything okay?”

“No…” she glances up at him. “…Blue, I have been told that you’ve been causing trouble. A lot of people have lost their hope in you as a hero of Hyrule…but I have not.” She pauses for a moment to stop herself from rumbling on. “Um…Pardon me, Blue, but…I need you to go down to the town plaza and do favors for people…”

“Uh…alright?” Blue got confused for a moment.

“Blue, if you don’t learn to manage your emotions soon…and hurt somebody else, I will have no choice but to banish you from the Kingdom for a short period of time.”

Blue’s face forms a frown by now. “…Banished? Are there that many people pissed at me?”

The Princess huffs. “Yes, now please…Try to do at least fifty favors for people outside and inside the castle by next week, and you will be safe.”

Blue grunts, getting a bit mad that he wont be able to nurse Red back to health this week. “…Fine, fine…”

Zelda sighs in relief. “Good luck, Blue. I believe in you.” She says before returning to her throne room.

Behind a corner...A sweaty green Hylian remains hidden from the eyes of the two.

“Oh Blue…You cant screw things up.” He thinks to himself, before exposing himself and stepping towards the blue guy.

 “Hey, don’t let it sink in too much.” Green patted Blue’s back.

“…Damn, stalker much?” he huffs, crossing his arms and turning his back to him. “Leave me alone.”

Green grunts. “Listen, I’m sorry for behaving like a stalker ex-girlfriend for a second there, but I worry for you.” He frowns a little, and begins to walk away. “If it helps…there’s an old lady near the river that wants someone to make a new fence for her cuccos.”

Blue flinches at the word cuccoo, but that means one less favor to do.

[ Author's Note:

Oof, finally I get to make an update. Hopefully I can update the rest of the books little by little!

Thank you so much for taking the time to read! ]