Episode 9B

You and Akira flew from the top of the house, over the mob and quasi-police that were swarming.

But then, you received yet another text from Ryo. But it wasn't safe to fly and text, you assumed, so you ignored it. Akira, on the other hand, was mumbling to himself.

"Why, Ryo... I don't understand..."

Below, you heard shouts from angry humans. It looked to be another mob, this time throwing objects at other humans.

"Stay up here, YN. Let me handle this." Akira called back to you.

Unwilling to get involved in these type of affairs, you followed his orders.

You watched as Akira got pummeled with more objects. Sticks, stones, bricks, rotted food. It was upsetting to just hover in the air and watch him take it. You assumed he was trying to stop the killings; but it wasn't worth it. Not anymore.

Then, you say him cry and offer himself up. Trying to sacrifice himself for what he believed was right. Tears fell from your own eyes as your heart swelled with pride. That was your partner. He was strong, he was brave. When he cried, he cried for other people and never for himself. He cared so deeply about humanity that the very fact that humanity couldn't bring themselves to care for him was heartbreaking. You would always love Akira. You would continue to love him, even if he wanted to kill all of the demons.

He stood up for what he thought was right, and that in itself was a redeeming quality. No matter what others did to him, no matter what they said to him, threw at him, threatened him with... Akira was going to stand up for what he thought was right.

Slowly, the mob lost heart. One by one, children began approaching him, hugging him deeply.

This was your Akira. He was not a demon. He was not a human. He was just good. No labels could really be stuck on him and for that, you accepted him. You accepted everyone, because deep down, you were good too. And you realized this, but you could never have compared to Akira. You were complicit, regardless of the reasons, regardless of your circumstances, you weren't brave enough to do what Akira was doing. But you were brave enough to support him.

As you watched below, the mob fell apart. Some people going to hug Akira, others freeing the tied up humans. Everything seemed as though it was going to be resolved.

Gently, you began to float down to the top of the coliseum like place where Akira was being held.

"Look, Mommy! A fairy!" You heard a little child call out. Carefully, you fell back into the shadows, but not before providing them a tiny smile.

I'm not scary. Out of all the demons and devilmen, I think I'm the least frightening. You thought to yourself. Oh wait... is that who I think it is?

You watched as the man you knew as Koda, the man who had abandoned Akira in his time of need, approached.

And you watched as his demon horns penetrated your lover's body.