Chapter 1

"Victory!!" exclaimed the soldiers of France. They were on the battle field, cheering as they had just beaten Spain who were either being chained up or dead on the ground; there were five main people that the men were patting on the back and cheering for. The five musketeers. They were joining together at the head tent at their camp ground to discuss what was to happen next and to see if they were each okay. Many of their men had been killed in the horrid war, but more still stood. Entering the tent, Athos was greeted by an arm full of his boyfriend; he immediately embraced D'artagnan happily. He looked over to the other side of the tent to see his other two best friends also sharing a loving hug and kiss; he smiled, seeing that they were alive and okay. He also kissed the man in his arms before they all parted and joined at the centre table; that's when Athos noticed something which worried him greatly "where's Kayley??" he asked, looking around the room but still saw no sign of the teen "she went to the South side of the grounds half way through the fight, to help some of the soldiers that were dealing with more that they could, she's probably helping the wounded get to the medical wing right now" Porthos informed, although there was a large hint of worry in his voice; D'artagnan signed "when will she actually stick to the plan and follow the rules" he wondered as he rubbed his temple. As Kayley's brother, the youngest man was always worried about his sister the most; his boyfriend placed a hand on his shoulder in comfort "she'll be here soon, but let's get patched up" they were all covered in scrapes, cuts and mud, but nothing serious. Just before they could do so, the tent entrance moved and in walked...or hobbled the teen herself. "Thank god you guys are okay" she exclaimed as they all fell into a tight group embrace "you doubted us??" Aramis asked with a smirk, making them all laugh "of course not". They parted and all helped heal the other, applying creams and oils before bandages after each using the bath; they were all dressed in their newish uniforms that was sent to them six months ago; their old ones didn't fit them. Soon enough, all five were clean....ish, patched up and dressed in some clean clothes before standing around the centre table "so, we won" Porthos stated as he clapped his hands "shall I grab us a drink??" they just chuckled before Athos spoke "not just yet my friend, we need to inform all of the soldiers that this is officially our last battle, for them anyway" he explained "then we can pack and saddle up before heading back to Paris" they all smiled before Aramis said "I don't know about you guys, but I can't wait to get back to Paris, see the Captain and Constance, visit our dear Tavern" his boyfriend agreed "it's been too long since I've had a good drink, one that only the Tavern can give". Kayley chuckled "you just have to wait a couple more hours my friend" she smiled "now, shall we tell them the good news??" nodding with agreement, they exited the tent.

 Kayley chuckled "you just have to wait a couple more hours my friend" she smiled "now, shall we tell them the good news??" nodding with agreement, they exited the tent

Porthos yelled out to the hundreds of soldiers to gather around, which they did instantly "well done men, you have fought strong and hard" Athos spoke, followed by D'artagnan "and everything you've done for your country has been appreciated by all...

Porthos yelled out to the hundreds of soldiers to gather around, which they did instantly "well done men, you have fought strong and hard" Athos spoke, followed by D'artagnan "and everything you've done for your country has been appreciated by all" they all smiled. Aramis added "and all you have done had paid off" they all seemed to become confused; Kayley held back her chuckle and explained "the war is over, we have won!! Tonight we leave these grounds and return home!!". The crowd erupted into cheers, patting one another on the back, clapping, even hugging; the commanders watched with delight at their men. Before long, the soldiers were packing away; they were anxious to get home to see their friends and families. As were the five musketeers; they too were packing away, loading the multiple carts with their limited supplies. They finished at 9 at night and ate their dinner near lit fires; they were going to begin on their journey's home at 7 the next morning, that way they would arrive in Paris in two days time. "Rest up men, for tomorrow we begin our journey home" Kayley exclaimed, earning cheers from everyone; she smiled and sat with her brothers to finish her own meal. Tonight's menu?? A small portion of chicken with rice; the same as every damn day since the war began. "I can't wait to see Uncle Treville, and Constance" D'artagnan stated, thinking about their friends that they had not seen in so long "indeed, and the King and Queen" his sister agreed. Athos wrapped an arm around the teen "we'll see them soon". Soon enough, everyone had passed out for the night; the tents were packed away so they were sleeping on the ground, crowded around the fires. Of course, the two couples were huddled together whilst Kayley lay along, faced away from them, using her black cloak as a blanket.

The next morning came quickly, although the sun wasn't even up yet do to it being 6 when they all rose from the land of sleep; they ate an apple each for breakfast before saddling up and leaving the camp ground; the five musketeers leading the way. "Commander!! When do you think we will arrive in Paris??" one of the soldiers - Jackson - asked; Athos thought for a moment "it should be a two day ride if we just have two 30 minute breaks a day" he explained. The soldiers were full of chatter, talking about their families, children, farms and all sorts; most of the men weren't actual trained soldiers, hey were men from all over France that had been called upon to fight in the war. In the four years that they were away, the five musketeers taught them how to fight, how to use a sword, gun, dagger, shield; it was difficult at first, but they eventually all came to an understanding....mainly thanks to the two musketeers that were both one farm people. "How much do you think Paris has changed??" Kayley asked, catching her friends attention "hmm...I honestly don't know, we've been gone for a while" Aramis stated, followed by Porthos "we have to remember, the Red Guard are still there, we just have to hope that the musketeer cadets have been putting them in their place for us". D'artagnan agreed "and if they haven't, I'm sure we can" they all laughed as they nodded. They spoke and rode for the entire day, stopping off twice for 30 minutes by a passing river to gather some water and to have something to eat, as well as to give the horses a rest. When it came to 10 at night, they lit some fires and camped out for the night. The next day, they repeated the whole thing. By the third morning, after riding for four hours, they saw a beautiful sight "Paris!!" the soldiers exclaimed; Kayley smiled, her gaze fixated on the sight "home". Her brothers all looked to her and smiled too, before riding off; many of the soldiers were already gone. They had reached their homes or the paths that lead them to their homes; now there was only about a hundred of them. They all galloped to Paris, wanting to get there was fast as possible. They were nearly there!!!