04: Unexpected

"You said that your wife is in her mother's house?" Jungkook asked getting in the car.

"Yeah! She was," Taehyung said,
"She returned today morning." He explained.

"Are you sure?" Jungkook asked narrowing his eyes sitting on the driver's seat looking at Taehyung.

"Yeah! Why?" Taehyung said with a little hesitation as he also sat next to the driver's seat.

"Just asking..... Okay. So for how many days?" Jungkook asked sitting still on driver's seat, knitting his brows staring at Taehyung crisscrossing his arms.

"Ummm one..... One week." Taehyung said avoiding eye contact looking up scratching his head, trying to think hard.

"Hmmm..... Weren't your marriage this Tuesday?" Jungkook asked looking at his phone, reading the invitation card.

"Yeah! Why? Aren't we meant to go to the party? Listen we're going to be lat-" Jungkook cut him off.

"And today's Sunday so one, two, three, four." Jungkook counted thoughtfully.

"Four! Four days ago you were married Right?" Jungkook asked Taehyung showing his four fingers, his eyes still narrowed wanting a proper explanation from Taehyung.

Taehyung nodded with horror, again wiping away his unwanted sweat from his forehead.

"Right?" Jungkook asked again shaking his hand showing his four fingers, his face was dead serious.

"Y-yea-yeah yeah" "So?"

"And your wife was gone to her mother's house for a week hmmm..." Jungkook stared at Taehyung who looked everywhere but not at his face.

"Hyung, Don't you think an explanation is needed?" Jungkook asked Taehyung.

"What! What do you want me to do? Huh?" Taehyung licked his lower lip with frustration.

"Yeah! I lied. So what?" Taehyung said carelessly and put an I-don't-care look on his face.

"Hyung! But why?" Jungkook asked with a concerned tone.

"I don't want to take her there. She doesn't belong in our society and doesn't know how to live like us. Our driver earns much more money than her dad. You wanted an explanation. Here's the explanation." Taehyung said looking at Jungkook with widened eyes, anyone can see from his face that he was totally frustrated.

"But hyung. She is your wife!" Jungkook asked giving a shocked expression.

"Wife!" Taehyung let out a short breathy laugh as if someone told him a joke.

"But-" Taehyung cut Jungkook off.

"Jungkook! Do you have any want of going to the party or are we going to discuss it whole night here, in this car?" Taehyung asked with a tone of irritation looking at his Gucci watch.

"Okay." Jungkook sighed as he came to know about his Hyung's mentality.

Putting in his car key he was about to start the car when his phone rang.

With dim eyes, he picked up his phone.

"Yeah, Mom?"

"Yeah, we're coming,"

"Jam. Heavy traffic jam. Almost on the way."

"Who?"

"Hyung's wife?"

"Yeah, she has returned. Yeah, today morning."

"What?"

"But- okay okay. "