Annoying Nicknames (Kid!Guzma x Kid!Reader)

A/n: Sorry that I haven't uploaded in a while! Work has kept me busy. The results for the poll are in and the winner is...

Ya Boy Guzma!

 You two are kids in this. I'd say about 9 or 10. I want to do a second part where it focuses on Guzma's home life and your budding friendship. Giovanni came in second place so I'll be doing him next. Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

You were sitting on the steps drawing the sleeping Sewaddle next to you when an annoying voice called out to you.

"Hey! Bug Girl!"

You let out an annoyed sigh.

'Here we go again...' 

Footsteps approached you. You didn't even have to look up to know who they belonged to. The person stopped in front of you. 

"Hey! Didn't you hear me call you?"

Without looking at him you said:

"Could you keep it down? Sewaddle is trying to sleep"

"What if I wake it up? What're you going to do, tell it to use String shot on me?"

As tempting as that was, you decided against it. You continued to sketch the sleeping Pokémon. It was when something blocked your light that you stopped. You let out a sigh and looked up at the white haired male.

"What do you want, Guzma?"

Guzma has been your neighbor ever since you moved to Alola (1). He's been getting on your nerves ever since the day that both your parents introduced you. He also had this weird habit of calling you weird nicknames.

"Relax, Bug Girl, I just wanted to see what you were drawing"

You hid the sketchbook behind your back.

"Leave me alone, I'm trying to draw"

"You don't have to be rude, you know" 

"This is coming from the same guy who interrupts the teacher every chance he gets"

Guzma scoffed and stepped back. You continued drawing but not before giving the male one last glare. You got so caught up in your drawing that you forgot that Guzma was standing in front of you. Which is why you yelped in surprise when he called you.

"(Y/n)?"

You looked up at the white haired male.

"Yes?"

"I didn't come over here just to bother you, I actually can to ask for your help"

That was a suprise. Mr. 'I don't need your help because I'm to proud to ask' needed your help. 

" You need my help? Are you feeling okay?"

He rubbed the back of his neck nervously. 

"I don't like asking for help, especially from you but-"

He took out a folded piece of paper. He unwrapped it to reveal the homework that you were given on Friday.

"I don't know much about the Unova region and I was wondering if you'd help me with these last ten questions"

You started laughing. Taking this as you not wanting to help him, Guzma angrily stuffed the paper back into his pocket.

"Forget it, I knew it was a bad idea to ask for your help"

Just as he was about to turn away you called out to him. Wiping a tear from your eye you said:

"I'm sorry I laughed, I just remembered that time you fell asleep in class and Kaiko(2) had his Popplio use Water gun to wake you up"

'Why that little-'

Carefully picking up your sleeping Pokémon, you stood up.

"I'll help you but one condition"

"I'm not paying you"

"No-you stop calling me 'Bug Girl'"

"What else am I supposed to call you?"

"Why not my name?"

"Your name is boring"

"Then go get someone else to help you"

"Sorry, (Y/n)"

                            *Time Skip*
It didn't take you that long to help Guzma with the rest of the questions. When you two were finished, you invited him to your room to share some Malasadas that your Mother made. They were gone pretty quickly. After stuffing the last one into his mouth, Guzma decided to make small talk with you.

"(Y/n), Can I ask you something?"

"Um…sure"

"How do you like Alola?"

"Its so beautiful here but, sometimes I miss Unova"

"Island life not your thing?"

"I like it it's just that-"

You were interrupted by someone knocking on your door. Your mother poked her head in. 

"Guzma, your fathers here"

You could've sworn that you saw Guzma tense at the mention of his father. Walking over to the door, Guzma gave you a pleading look before leaving. 

'I hope everything's okay…'

Unbeknownst to you, everything was far from okay.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

(1)- You're from Unova

(2)- I don't know Kukui's first name so I just game him that name of a Pokémon that I was traded. I looked it up and it's Hawaiian.