| t w o |

| t w o | - Detention

Sniffling, the girl walked towards the pond, dragging her feet slowly there.

Mrs. Ellis looked as if she'd never wanted to send Scarlet to the pond. She still did anyway, and that was what had irked the little girl.

Scarlet exhaled loudly, people turning to stare.

"Sorry!" She peeped somewhat nervously, slightly afraid that she'd done something wrong.

Nobody answered her.

But that was okay, because she was on her way to detention.

That's right. The pond was the kids' detention.

Mrs. Ellis had strategically placed the location of detention at the pond because of the proximity to the school and the way the kids learned that they were wrong.

After a child had done something wrong, Mrs. Ellis, of course, would embarrass them in front of the whole class. And, during their play time, they would walk to the pond, stare at their reflection, and talk to themselves on how they could improve their behavior instead of going into the playground and jumping around with their friends. Then, they would write on a sheet of paper of what kinds of solutions they had thought of during that time. This method worked for most--no, all--of the students who "got into trouble" at one point or another; even Damien, who was nearly always at the pond, improved at some area.

But Scarlet hadn't really put the bucket of water over the door on purpose. She had thought it was some sort of a celebration for the teacher and agreed to cooperate with the other children.

When Mrs. Ellis arrived in the room and asked who did it, everyone had pointed at Scarlet's direction. She couldn't deny it, as it really was her fault in making her teacher soaking wet.

And that was why she was at the pond.

Breaking down into tears yet again from the amount of humiliation she had caused for her own self, Scarlet took a deep breath, blowing her nose into a wrinkly tissue she had found in her pocket. She bent down and stared at her reflection inside of the pond as she began to talk to it.