| t h r e e |

| t h r e e | - Unfair

"You know, I did say I was sorry, so why couldn't she forgive me?"

All Scarlet could think about was why she was punished like this if everything was an accident.

That was also all she could ask herself when she stared at her reflection.

"Why couldn't she just punish me during class by taking my crayons away from me?" Scarlet asked her own reflection, frowning. "Why do I have to come here? What's the point of the pond? What's the point of punishment anyway?"

But with each question, she seemed to be growing angrier and angrier.

Scarlet fumed as quietly as possible, her face turning the color of her name. "No, no, no, no, no. This isn't fair, this isn't--"

That's when she saw a thin wisp of white inside of the pond. She cocked her head in confusion. Her dainty fingers glided across the distortion gently, feeling nothing but the smoothness of the still water.

Instantly, her boiled up emotions became less heated and more . . . calm. She knew what had to be done. She knew exactly what she had to write on the sheet of paper.

Scarlet skipped back to school with a grin on her face, ready to write, instead of the tears she had came with to the pond.