8.0

S

I looked over at Taylor, she was hugging her arms tight and crossed her legs.

"This side of town makes me feel queasy" she spoke lightly and I nodded my head in agreement.

I pulled up onto some street, following a detour because of all the road construction. I paused at a red light and looked over to my side watching the bright pink sky turn dark and mysterious.

I looked up and watched the light turn green, slowly I went forward and I felt my stomach sink when I saw the graffiti all over the buildings and the transport trucks.

I felt a soft hand touch my lower thigh causing me to forget about the dark and sketchy area we were in.

"I should be comforting you" I said with a grin on my face.

Taylor looked over at me and laughed, "we're comforting each other Shelbs".

I felt my uneasy facial expression switch into a smile and I knew that no matter what happened tonight, I would be there for Taylor and she would be there for me.

I looked at my GPS on my phone and realized that we would be there in less than a minute.

I looked at Taylor and smiled, "it's never too late to go back" I said reassuring and she shook her head.

I pulled into the alley and stopped my car. I looked around and saw darkness, the only thing lighting up the alley was a small beam of light hitting a door. I looked around and looked at all the names on the walls written in graffiti.

I looked over to my right and saw the graffiti of the person we were here for.

I looked around Cherry's name and saw a name that stood out. It sounded like a last name or maybe a middle name.

I looked at the graffiti writing one last time to make sure the name I saw was correct or if I had misread it. I squinted my eyes and there stood the same name I had seen before.

Dolan