19.5

E

My body was so weak. There was nothing to do in this cell except sleep and rot to death.

I missed her so much, I haven't heard much about her. She's always on my mind, I can never stop thinking about her and if she's okay.

All I know is that she went to a female detention centre, I would ask every day how she was on my one hour of freedom from my cell, but so far they haven't told me anything.

I just wanted to hold her one last time. Who knew how long I'd be either rotting in here or how long I had left rotting in here until my death sentence.

It was going to be a long process, there was no jury, just the judge and his final decision.

He sure was taking his sweet time deciding what he wanted for me.

I chipped the paint off the wall while I laid on my uncomfortable bed.

I was given books to pass the time, but I read them all at least twice.

The Outsiders, The Crucible, Lord of the Flies...

They were all so boring except The Outsiders, I lost count but I think I read it around five times throughout the two months I've been in here.

Soon enough I'd lose track of the days and the months, and the time would get to me.

I related to Johnny, I was seen as villain for my cruel actions, but I was just a lost kid. A lost kid who had nowhere to fit in except Kennedy, but Shelby helped me see past that. Just like Ponyboy helped Johnny see past his cruel and harsh life...

I miss seeing the stars, I miss watching the sunset and feeling the ocean water.

I knew I'd either never see or feel those things for a long time, or never again.