15.5

S

I opened my front door and realized my parents weren't home. I threw my bag on my floor running up to my room. My day was finally going to be somewhat enjoyable because of the fact that I got to see Ethan.

I opened my door expecting my bed to be sunken in by his body, instead I was met with clothes scattered all around my room, my bedside table knocked over and my closet destroyed.

My room was a disaster, with no sight of Ethan.

My thoughts clouded my head and I instantly thought of one of the worst scenarios.

I ran over to my flipped over bedside table and rummaged through the broken drawers.

It was gone. He found the pills I was supposed to deliver to a group of guys from my side of town tonight.

My frustration got the best of me and I slammed my hand against my dresser drawer, causing a tingling feeling to shoot through my hand.

I stood up off the ground and started pacing around my room thinking of ways I could excuse myself from this situation, but nothing came to mind.

I placed my tingling hand on my forehead and practiced my breathing techniques I was taught as a child, to calm myself down.

I hadn't noticed that my hand was bleeding, until I felt moisture hit the top of my forehead.

I ran towards the bathroom in shock, and as soon as I opened the bathroom door I was met with a familiar body sitting down on my bathroom floor playing with the hem of my shower curtain.

Our eyes locked and I couldn't help but feel guilt run down my spine.

I uncovered my wound without noticing and slowly walked up to him as his eyes moved away from mine and instead, he didn't take one more look.

"Want to tell me why you have drugs Shelby?" He said in a dissatisfied tone and I felt shivers go down my spine, knowing how disappointed he was in me.

"I don't know what you're talking about" I spoke anxiously as I tried denying it.

"Don't play fucking stupid with me!" He shouted as he stood up from the floor and walked closer to me with the bag of pills in his right hand.

"Tell me where you fucking got these!" He shouted once again as he threw the bag down on my vanity and grabbed my wrist, pulling it towards him.

I felt myself become instantly afraid. I was afraid of what he was capable of. I know I shouldn't have said it, but it slipped out of my mouth suddenly and the damage was already done.

"Don't put your fucking hands on me like you did with Logan!" I screamed in his face as I looked up at him and pulled my hand away from him and stepped back instantly.

His breathing became heavier and his eye contact became instantly more vicious then I had ever seen before.

"You told me you never saw me as that guy I used to be, but yet here you are bringing up my past" he spoke softly and more emotional then I anticipated.

I hurt him more then I intended and I could never take that back.

Suddenly, his body was pushed past mine and he walked over to my closet, picking up the shirt he was given the night he escaped.

He took the shirt I had bought him off and replaced it with his old one.

He placed the Nike slides that were shoved under piles of clothes, in front of him and placed his feet in them.

Then, next thing I knew. He was walking out of my bedroom.

I decided to chase him down the stairs, afraid of what his intentions were.

"Ethan please! Please don't leave" I screamed from behind him as I tried to catch up with him.

Eventually, he got to the front door and hesitantly opened it.

I grabbed him by the back of his shirt and tugged him towards me.

His body turned towards mine and I loosened my grip on him as he grabbed me by my hands that were about to be put down by my side, and suddenly I was pushed down onto the floor.

He turned around and continued to walk out of my house. The door slammed, and he was gone.