♡Chapter 2♡

"Okay, Girls," Monika announced, "Seems like we're all done! Have a wonderful weekend!"
Natsuki let out a saddening sigh, picking up her small pink backpack.
Sayori walked over to the shorter girl.
"What happened, Natsuki?"
The girl with pigtails looked up, facing the slightly taller girl.
"Uh... Nothing. Just personal stuff.." Natsuki gazed to the ground. Obviously, something bad was going on in her life back at her house. But what?
"Aww... If you ever wanna talk about it, you can always text me, okay?"
"Hey," Monika walked over to the two girls, "Is everything alright, guys?"
The two looked up at their leader.
"Yeah! Thanks for asking, Monika. Such a caring person," Sayori complimented.
Natsuki smiled and started to walk out the room, head down.
"Bye, Monika."
Sayori focused on her leaving the room. She didn't want to leave the shorter girl sad. Not at all.
"Wait, Natsuki!!" She briskly walked out, trying to grab the teen
"Uh, bye, Monika! Have a WONDERFUL weekend!"
"Thank you!" Monika exclaimed, smiling brightly.
Rushing out, Sayori manged to reach Natsuki.
"Natsuki! Hold up!"
The shorter girl glanced over her shoulder.
"What?"
"Are you scared of going home...? I'm sorry if that bothered you. Seeing you sad is killing me," Sayori admitted.
Natsuki stared at her. She then let out another depressing sigh.
"Well... I guess I can't say no to that. Yes, I am scared.. But you wouldn't understand.."
The two opened the doors out and walked out.
"Well.. You don't know that. I promise I'll try my very best to understand. Just tell me.. I wanna help. I want you to be happy," Sayori comforted the teen, resting her hand on Natsuki's right shoulder.
"Guess you're right..." Natsuki said, "Well.. It's just that... I have a father of course. But honestly.. He's the reason why I don't like going home. He.. He does stuff I hate.. Like judge me for my hobbies. I never wanna get caught reading Manga by him. He never feeds me, which leaves me starving. And... Much.. more. All this is why I love being in the Literature Club. Less time being home..."
A single tear began to roll down Natsuki's cheek. She shook her head, trying to get herself together.
"..S-sorry," Natsuki whispered, wiping off the tear.
"Hey.. Hey, it's okay. No need to be sorry.. I understand.."
The girl with pigtails looked up to the sweet teen.
"R-really...? I don't get it.."
"Don't get what?"
Natsuki tried to keep her words together. It took a bit but she managed.
"W-why do you care.. So much..? I don't deserve to be cared for.."
Sayori walked Natsuki over to a metal dark green bench, next to trees, which gave it some shade. She sat her down, and then sat next to her.
"I care because I don't ever wanna see anybody sad. And don't say that you don't deserve care. You deserve it all! Everybody does.. You matter, Nat.."
Natsuki took some time to understand her. She wish she could believe, but when the repeated words from her father ringing in her head, she felt hopeless:

"Such a mess.
Such a disaster.
Die.
You don't deserve anything.
..."

"You really mean that..?" Natsuki asked, facing the sweet teen.
"Of course I do. Hey, if it makes you feel any better, we can go have some fun, away from your house!" Sayori exclaimed, standing up again.
"B-but.. My father says I have to be home by a specific tim-"
Sayori grabbed Natsuki's hand and pulled her up.
"C'mon," the taller girl whispered, "all he's gonna do is hurt you.. It's either pain or fun."
Natsuki thought to herself. Was she really gonna screw her dad's rules to be happy? What if when she comes back to a fight? The same questions repeated in her head.
Letting out a sigh, she had decided her choice.
"Okay... Let's go-"
"OKAY! YAY!" Sayori jumped up and down in joy. Then, still holding her hand, she ran towards somewhere.
"AAH! SLOWER, SAYORI!"