Heartbreak

"Hermione" A  dreamily voice said.

"Mhm, Ron, is that you?" She said with obvious confusion in her voice.

"No Hermione, come on wake up!" The voice said.

Something hit her. She woke up instantly to the blinding light penetrating through her Hogwarts dorm room. 

"Ahh," She yelled looking up, "Ginny what the hell was that for?" She said as Ginny grinned ear to ear holding a pillow.

"Hermione it's been a week since the first day of classes, Breakfast has already begun. Come one." She said exaggerating the last part to her into a panic,"Oh, and also, you got a letter. It's from Ron. I can tell because of his horrible handwriting." She chuckled slightly handing Hermione the sealed letter.

No doubt about it, it was Ron's handwriting. Her name was written across the back. She looked down excitedly. She bite her lip and started to open the letter, but her smile slowly faded after she started to read it. Tears started slowly then into a stream cascading down her face.

"What?" Ginny asked concerned

Hermione shakily handed Ginny the letter. Hermione's tears blotched the paper making the ink bleed.

Dear Hermione,

I don't know if I can do this anymore. I mean I tried, I really did, but I have fallen in love with someone else. I'm sorry Hermione, but I'm breaking up with you. You just so boring now. You don't put any effort into the way you present yourself anymore, and now all you want to do is read when I get home. I'm sorry.

Ron 

Ginny's face turned the shade of her hair. Fire embedded in her eyes as that letter, the one that brought Hermione so much joy just two minutes ago, was set into fiery embers, at the hand of Ginny. The ash fell to the hard-wood, which was then put out but the cold exhaust from the room. Ginny looked up at Hermione sunken face. The shell of her body sat motionless in front of her. Her lips and skin were pale, and her eyes were bloodshot.

"Come on, there are better people out there besides my brother. Even Draco Malfoy would be a better replacement." She said with a slight chuckle.

Through Hermione's tear she laughed slightly. Wiping away the last bit of them.

"Yea, I guess so." She said shakily, "I mean he is pretty hot now, but no, never, I will never be a Malfoy."

"Yea he is though, you can't lie." She laughed, looking at a slightly shocked Hermione, "I swear Harry is the only guy I see." She said holding her hands up in surrender, marking her smile a tad bit.

"I'm going to get ready." She said sniffling

"Yea, Okay. You go do that." Ginny said looking at her sad friend. 

Hermione got up and went to the bathroom. He eyes were puffy and red, but thankfully had swollen down by the time she washed her face. She curled her  hair into her signature tendrils, and pinned back the last bit of her bangs into a bobby pin. She added some light makeup to her eyes and cheeks to give them a bit of light color. Once she was done, she threw on the nicest of all her school uniforms and walked out of her dorm and to the great hall. She sat down with Ginny and Luna once she got there, keeping her head down, so no one could see her bloodshot eyes. Ginny looked up from her large stack of pancakes.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" She asked 

"Fine." She said angrily gritting her teeth.

Ginny looked over to Luna worryingly, then at Hermione. "Bloody hell" she mouthed to Hermione. "What?" She mouthed back. She pointed behind her over to the Hufflepuff table. There sat Ron and Lavender snogging, practically down each other's throats.