Amortenia

Hermione trailed to the back of the room to her seat. She walked past Lavender, who had her fat sausage-like fingers lying comfortably on Ron's leg, her lips were curled into a smirk, and her nose stuck high in the air. She looked more like a ferret, than when Malfoy was turned into one in their fourth year. Everyone watched as Hermione slugged over to her chair. Her skin pale, hair droopy, and glass eyes was almost a definite sign that she was heartbroken, making everyone hate Ron almost instantly. She eventually shuffled over, and plopped down in her seat next to Malfoy, and sighed in disbelief.

"I can't believe I'm doing this." She mumbled softly to herself.

She glanced over at Malfoy. His head was down, and his robe hood was slung casually over his head. The shadows of the room covered his face, making it so you intentionally, couldn't see his face.

"You sure have some spunk little Granger," He lifted his head up a little, "first getting dumped by the weasel, cussing him out, taking down his new girlfriend," Hermione flinched when he said that, "kicked him in a very sensitive area," He adjusted uncomfortably in his seat next to her, "and missed first period. And all in one day! Wow, I must admit, I think you're gaining quite the reputation." He said with a slight laugh clapping sadisticly

By the end of what he was saying, he had lifted his head up all the way and into the light, Hermione could see the broken skin that made up his scar. It traced down the bridge of his nose, starting in about the middle of his forehead, and stopping just above his lip.

"Well, nice to see you again as well Malfoy," She said taking of the robe and sweater, "love to chat but, because we both know, even if you don't want admit it, you fancy me." She said sarcastically leaning closer to him, "But don't worry," she said with a wink, trying to seem unfazed be the recent events, "I won't tell anyone." She neatly rolled up her cuff, revealing the scar that was permanently tattooed into her skin.

Draco looked down at the scar, and sighed in disbelief. 'Mudblood' was etched into her skin, and would always be there as a constant reminder of that particular day. And to him the day he thought he lost her forever.

- - -

*Thud*

The world went black.

.

.

.

"Draco," A kind voice said, "Draco."

He felt a warmth reach for his head. He opened his eyes. He looked up at his parents. His mother, who had a look of worry slapped in her face, was sitting in the chair next to him, one hand on his face and the other holding his hand. His father was looming coldly over his bed, with a signature Malfoy scowl etched upon his face. He looked around to find himself in a plain, cold room in St. Mungos. Tubes were sticking in the arms, and had a breathing aid.

"What happened? How long have I been out?" He said sitting up almost instantly

Narcissa pushed her son down.

"Rest," She said lifting the blanket up to his chest, "there was an airborne poison that somehow made it to the your room," She started, "you passed out, for five days."

"Five?"

"Yes."

At that moment, the doctor walked in an called for Lucious to discuss the hospital bill. He walked outside the room, leaving Narcissa and Draco alone in the room. Draco watched his father leave the room, a disgusting scowl was tattooed on his face. Narcissa sighed.

"Draco," she said with a sigh

"Mhm." He said turning his head in her direction

"I know."