The Dinner Announcement

Hermione's POV

Hermione looked at the Professor through her sad watery eyes. She wiped them clear, but not to any help, another wave came crashing through her eyes. McGonagall pushed a marriage document towards them and handed a tissue to Hermione with shaky hands. 

"Please sign here, or you may choose not to and lose all magic abilities you had prior. Your choice." She said handing them both quills.

Draco raised his hand first. He stopped just before the quill hit the paper. He looked over at me before raising an eyebrow. I knew he was asking if he should do it. I nodded and he went back to signing. His signature was sharp and tall. I raised my hand after he finished and signed next to his. My hand shook madly, making the lines look wavey and blotchy. After finishing McGonagall leaned in closer to us.

"Mr. Malfoy, and Mrs. Gran- I mean Mrs. Malfoy, thank you for your time. Dinner is in a couple hours, I trust you to be there?" 

I looked up at her and nodded my head. If I hadn't bite my lip I would have cried another stream. 

"Oh, and one more thing," She started, "since you two are officially married, I have to place you two into the same room. Which house room would you like to stay in, Gryffindor or Slytherin?"

"Gryffindor," I said immediately.

I look over at him to see the sunken hollows of his face. His scar drags along his nose and made everything just a little more menacing. 

"Okay." He said raising his hands in surrender.

I stood up immediately and rushed out of her office, leaving both of them in there in complete shock.

Draco's POV-flashback (A week before the beginning of Hogwarts)

The sun shone through the window of his bedroom. He looked at the street below him and felt a sense of joy rush through him. He walked out the door and through the hallways of the flat, in muggle London, that he shared with his mom. She yelled from the kitchen, for him. She smiled as he walked in. She alway seemed happier ever since that divorce was finalized. 

"Hey, can you cut the carrots please?" She asked.

He picked up the knife and started chopping the stalk into half an inch sections. He cut three carrots before putting them into the bowl next to him. 

"What are you making?" He asked leaning on the counter next to her.

"Some guests are coming over, and a muggle thing to do is set out a plate of vegetables, so that's what I'm doing."

"Who's coming over?"

"Emerson and Elijah." She said turning to face him.

"Why?" He asked, as the fury inside him grew.

"Because she asked, okay, maybe you don't know everything about them Draco. It's better to have an ally in life than an enemy. And plus Elijah is your brother, whether you like it or not." She said smugly.

"Okay and she still was the person that Lucius used to cheat on your for I don't know, 12 years!" He said walking out of the kitchen and throwing himself on to the couch.

Narcissa sighed in defeat and continued chopping vegetables.

"Someday." She mumbled to herself.

Draco's POV- End of Flashback

Draco walked down the darkened corridor for dinner. He was late. He couldn't stop thinking about what was going to happen, or what would happen. He walked through the front doors and spotted Hermione sitting at a small table near the professors. Next to her was a plaque with his name engraved on it, and a chair which was to seat him. He walked towards the table, and with each seat, he watched the professor's faces grow more concerned and uncomforted with the pounding of each of his steps. He reached the table and looked over at Hermione. Her eyes were bloodshot, red, puffy, but she wasn't crying. Draco himself didn't cry either. McGonagall stood up along with some other professors.

"I have an announcement to make. Any student over the age of 17, has to stay here after dinner- no exceptions." 

All moaned but went back to happily eating. 

- - -

After dinner was over, all the students that were under 16 left the Great Hall and went back to their common room. Draco looked out the window, there were a few flying carriages coming this way, and parking in front of the school. Some people got out of them and walked through the doors. Harry Potter walked in with a few other people that were of age and unmarried. They all took a seat and watched as McGonagall stand up, and waved her hand as all of the food on the tables vanished.

"As you might have been informed, there has been a new law passed that any eligible wizard aged from 17-19 has to be married and produce a child by the time when the younger partner is 25. This is because, after the last wizarding war, 50% of the wizarding population has either died or chose to live a strictly muggle lifestyle in fear of the return of dark magic. If you do not wish to comply with this law, you will have all magical abilities you have, be stripped from you, and will be forced out of the wizarding world forever. Anyone that wishes to do so may leave now." She said as she waited for anyone to leave- no one did, "Okay then. I guess now we shall introduce the first couple. Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy." She said gesturing up to us.

We stood up and walked to her. I watched the Wesle turn bright red, and Harry face of shock as she walked with me. I couldn't help but smirk a bit. I looked over at her and she too was looking at Ron, her face grew wildly mad. She looked scary.

"Mr. Malfoy and Mrs. Malfoy were the first couples on the circumstances, that may not be shared if given consent by Hermione." She said looking over at her. She shook her head no, and she continued talking, "I guess we shall start the sorting ceremony. When I specify to do so, ladies please form a line right here. Each of you will have a turn putting on the sorting hat and will be giving a suggestion to a future partner. You may or may not choose to follow such suggestion, but you are most welcome to do so. Afterward, you and your partner will then go to the table and sign your marriage document. The top floors of each house will be the place where each married couple will be staying. When signing your marriage document, please decide which of the two common rooms you and your partner will be staying. Agreed?" She said looking sternly onto the crowd of students, "Any questions?"

"May we get a divorce in the future, or is that not an option?" Luna asked.

"Yes after 10 years. Anything else? No okay, let's start then." She said cupping her hands together.