11

LUCY POV

I could feel the sunlight in the room we resign in.

I brushed my fingertips on the light and smiled.

But then frowned slightly when I remembered what he said.

The sun didn't even hide the fact I was stunned.

I kept asking myself. Did the man just say Natsu was his son?

The man must have noticed my confused state and started to explain.

"I'm Igneel Dragneel, father of Natsu Dragneel"

I widen my eyes. This is the man that once called Natsu's beautiful magic ugly and unpleasant.

"How can I trust you?"

Igneel sighed. "It all started when I met Fuyu Sato" He began. Igneel sat down on a couch chair and folded his hands. "I was deeply in love with her. After we married we had Natsu. Fuyu died when Natsu was 8, it was a car accident" Igneel let out a tear. "I found love again, with a women named Grandeeney Marvell, she had a beautiful baby girl who was 3 at the time. I married her and began my life. When the kids where 10 and 5 Grandeeney passed away from cancer. I was left with Wendy and Natsu. I began to drink, heavily. When Natsu grew a bit older he started showing signs of magic. The shadows held on to him for dear life. When I started getting my life back Natsu started acting up"

"How?" I asked, now intrigued with the story.

"I would have guest over and Natsu would terrify them or play silly tricks that were harmful. He caused one of my guest to break a leg once. I didn't know how to stop him, and he wouldn't listen to my warnings. Wendy started to show magic as well, but she was more settle about it. I started to insult Natsu's magic, thinking it would stop him. But to no avail, he didn't stop. I left....like if it was my last choice" He said with regret laced all over his voice and eyes.

"I actually met Natsu, his power is strong and wonderful. So is Wendy's" I smiled at the memories of us.

"Really? It's nice to know he never stopped using magic" he smiled to himself.

"I'm also a magic user. We have a whole group of friends who are!" I again smiled.

Igneel smiles and laughs and caused me to giggle.

Then I heard a noise.

"Igneel! Open up!" I heard a deep voice say.

"Quick hide!" Igneel whisper shouted at me.

I ran to the biggest window. I can reflect light off of objects and my body kinda blends in with sunlight. If Flare or anybody comes close I can blind them.

At least with me blinding them, they can kinda feel the pain Natsu and I went through.....

NATSU POV

"Natsu! Over here!" I hear Erza exclaimed.

We were so close to the castle.

When we went even closer a bunch of people exited the castle.

"Look around! Make sure you check every bush and tree" I heard a familiar voice say.

Flare....

I see guards coming this way and I hide everyone with my cloak.

It a bit hard to do but I can still do it.

"Wendy, slightly make the wind harsher. Making them want to turn back" I whispered to Wendy.

She nodded then moved her hands similar to the way I move mines. She started to move her feet ever so slightly.

The wind almost attacked the guards and they turn around.

"Okay let's go" I say and they all follow.

We went to a corner and pressed our bodies against the wall.

"Can anyone make a rope of some kind?" I asked as I look to see the window pretty high above the ground.

Almost everyone seemed to nod.

I quickly made a shadow rope and climbed.

I entered the room and noticed it was completely empty.

I looked down and ushered the group to follow.

I saw Lisanna chant words and a flock of birds came to her and lifted her off the ground.

"How's that?" She questioned.

I shrugged and waited for everybody else. 

I saw Gray make a rope and Erza and Mira climbed it along with him.

Wendy flew up here with her wind.

Gajeel made an iron grappling hook. Levy was in his arms blushing.

Juvia last minute grabbed onto Gajeel.

I looked around.

"Let's split up to cover more ground" Erza said.

I nodded and walked down a hallway.

Of course I got the one that was dimly lighted. Just in case I needed to create a shadow for my advantage.

I heard talking and cloaked myself fast. I pressed my back against the wall and listened.

"You saw the blonde bimbo we caught yesterday?" I heard a mans voice say.

"Yeah, so got curves that won't quit" Another one said.

My mind immediately went to Lucy. How can they speak so grossly about Lucy...a lady?

"I heard she had escape"

I smiled, of course she did.

I ran to the closest door.

I opened it and closed it.

I took off my cloak of darkness and breathed with relief.

"Natsu?" I heard a familiar voice say.

I look up to be face to face with widen eyes.

•••

LUCY POV

After the guards came they checked around the area and left.

I uncovered myself and was about to thank Igneel for not telling them were I was, but I was interrupted by a sigh.

I turned my head to see....

"Gray?"

...