Chapter 11 - Stars in the sky

P.O.V Chris

Well, here I am. Standing under a tree at the park. Sophie should be here soon. I wait about 15 minutes before I see Sophie pull up in the drive way in her mums car.

"Yes, yes, I'll be back before six!" I hear Sophie shout as she gets out the car.

Sophie walks up to me.

"Hey!" She calls
"Heya!" I say back
"So what are we doing today?"
"Well, I was gonna take you down the street"
"Alright, what are we going to do down the street?"
"You'll see"

I take Sophie's hand, and start to walk down the street. It takes while to get there, and by the time we get there, the sun is setting, in the horizon. Shinning a bright, orange and red light. This will make the experience better, but I can see Sophie kinda worrying.

"Sup with you?" I ask
"Oh, Nothing, it's fine"
"Alright, if ya say so, but remember you can talk to me"
"Heh, yea, I know" she smiles

We start to walk through a small patch of trees, before we get to a cliff side. You can see the whole meadow from up here. We look down and see a beautiful green meadow, stained with the orange glow from the sunset. The sky has a blue and orange glow with some occasional stars here and there. This is my favourite spot in the world. If you look ahead, you can see the tall mountain range, which is also stained with the orange glow from the sunset. It's so beautiful.

"Wow! This is amazing! I've never seen this place before!"
"Do you like it?"
"Yes!! Of course I like it!"

I guide her over to a rock.

"Sit"

She walks over and sits down on the rock with me. She leans her head on my shoulder as we look over the meadow and the mountains. I feel her hand start to intertwine with mine.

"Thanks for bringing me here."
"It was nothing, I come here all the time"

It's about 8:25 now and the sky has gone black with the stars shining bright in the night sky.

"I don't wanna ever leave" Sophie mentions
"I don't either"

"Hey, I have a question" I say
"Ask away" she replies
"Can I call you my little star?"

I see a smile grow on her face, and she goes quite red.

"Yes!" She answers "you can"