𝐢𝐢𝐢

anecdote one

point of view: lilliana hearst

when: night of le rosey's class of 2000 graduation

i'd known logan since i was 9. we'd met during the winter break, both of us back from our subsequent boarding schools, visiting our newspaper mogul families. we latched onto each other, taking comfort in our almost identical situations. 

then kicked in the hormones. influenced by our parents' constant discussions of what a couple we would make, our feelings were a mess of 'will they, won't they, they did? they didn't?'

on that night, i was 18, newly graduated, ready to conquer the world. and ignoring the pang in my chest that attacked the moment logan's lips let slip the name jasmin.

it's not like i knew we loved each other. we did, but we couldn't ask each other to do what we were most scared of. the commitment, the work, the good and the bad that might break not only us but our whole eco-system. 

but it still hurt to have these feelings. feelings that could disappear for a day, and come back the next. i couldn't put myself through it, i doubt logan could either. 

so we live. we live our lives, do what we can to feel blood rushing through our veins, blocking out the constant noise in our heads. and we do it all together. 

we live and we wait. for the day when we can do it, can commit ourselves to the idea of us. to that scary word that would change everything. 

and i know it'll come. 

it will. 

*:・゚