𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢

anecdote five

point of view: edward rothschild

"what do you think? surely come join the gang? we miss you, mate. you don't reckon your dad'll come running after you if you skip out of school just this once." 

only problem was, it isn't be, as jackson says, just this once. i swear, every weekend, one of the group calls me up to do something crazy; fly to new zealand and learn to bunjy jump, smuggle some grass from holland, catch the channel train and get trashed in london before returning to paris the next morning - armed with a headache for first period chemistry. 

most of the time, i'll be honest, i comply. i may do well in school, on book, but god knows i detest it sometimes. before i was sent here, i didn't think my father had it in him to send leesh and i to different schools. even on the morning of my arrival, i thought she'd jump out from behind the baggage carousel shouting 'surprise! we got you!'

i was clearly proved wrong. 

so i do everything i can in order to reunite with my sister and our friends. my problem was, although i was barely there, i still managed to pass with flying colours. i'd once told myself that i had to try to fail an exam, just to piss off the family. but come the time of the exam, i couldn't bring myself to do it. 

i guess a part of myself still needs to impress them.