Chapter Two: Dammit, Why Can't You Obey The Law Of Physics?!

Hey there! Welcome back to the second chapter. Hope you guys enjoy. Let me know how you feel. Above is the picture of Jason Henderson.

Vote and comment. :)

"If we wait until we are ready, we'll be waiting for the rest of our lives"- Lemony Snicket

Chapter Two

I woke up to the incessant buzzing of my phone. I groaned, annoyed at being woken up so early. Weekends were made for sleeping in for heaven's sake.

I fumbled my hand around and finally located the object of my baseless hatred as of the moment. My suspicions were right. Only Kiara could annoy me so early in the morning. I had 20 missed calls and 15 texts. At freaking 8'o clock!! Was that girl high?

I opened her texts and saw a jumble of words which my brain refused to process. I blinked, shook my head and tried again. This time the words were a little clearer.

Come to my house. SOS.

I suppressed a little moan and sent a reply.

I pushed myself off the bed and went in the bathroom. After nearly falling back asleep twice (even while taking a shower. I deserved a world record, I swear) I gulped down some cereal with milk when dad came down the stairs, yawning.

"Good morning, princess. You're up early." His voice was still thick with sleep.

"Good morning, Dad. Kiara has some sort of an emergency so she blew up my phone in the morning. Apparently I have to get to her house as fast I could. " I rolled my eyes. She'd better have a good reason or else....

He laughed. "Alright. Have fun." He kissed my forehead and went to get cereal for himself.

I finished my breakfast and went to the garage to get my car out. The way to Kiara's barely took 15 minutes. I parked my car in the driveway and made my way to the door. I knocked thrice and almost immediately Kiara opened the door. She pounced on me.

"You came. That too so early. Thank you, thank you, thank you." She nearly shouted in my ear. She was such a kid sometimes. Not that I could complain. I had my fair share of childish moments.

"Yeah, yeah. Now tell me why exactly am I here. And make it good." I said, trying to keep her from bouncing on the spot.

Before she could reply, her mom came out. "Rose, what a pleasant surprise, dear. Come on in. You never visit often enough now."

I pried Kiara off me and gave Clara a sheepish grin. "Sorry, Clara." She gave me a big smile and an even bigger hug.

"I missed you. Make sure you come by more now." Clara was the sweetest lady I had the pleasure of meeting. She and Mom were best friends. They were overjoyed and nearly cried when Kiara and I became friends on the first day of kindergarten. After mom passed away, she basically adopted me and filled in on the motherly role as often as she could. She invited me on holidays, Christmas, family trips. Everything. I felt a little guilty now.

"I will. I missed you too." I replied. She gestured me to get inside the house and led the way to the kitchen. The sweet smell of waffles immediately made my mouth water.

"Kiara told me you started a part-time job at the ballet class." She inquired while making me a plate. I knew better than to argue about already having had breakfast. Her waffles were too good to be refused anyways.

"Yeah, I did. I just have to help out on the weekends during the class and then I get to have the studio whenever I want during the week. They will pay me too." I beamed at the mention of my new job.

"That's great, sweetheart. You are an amazing dancer." She said proudly. She used to be a dancer too but she opted to become a stay at home mom when Jason was born.

I blushed. "Thank you." I replied shyly. I always got embarrassed whenever someone praised my dancing.

"Good morning, everyone." A voice said from behind me. I turned my head and saw Edward, Kiara's dad, looking down on me with a smile. I grinned back. If Clara was my adoptive mother then Edward was my second dad. He was a very wise man and his advice always worked. Plus, he was the reason Kiara was always carefree about the stuff she pulled off. She knew he would save her. That and the fact that both Jason and she had inherited their father's brain so her plans rarely failed.

He ruffled my hair and sat down on a chair near Clara. He looked freshly showered and was wearing a suit, his normal work clothes. He owned a big law firm and was pretty renowned. He was almost always involved with New York's most notorious cases.

"Long time no see, kiddo." He said, his expression was almost similar to what Clara's had been.

I opened my mouth to answer but Kiara beat me to it. "Yeah, yeah. Now that you've seen your favorite daughter, can I please get my best friend back?" She pouted. She always did say that her parents loved me more than her.

Edward nodded, amused. Kiara huffed and motioned me to follow and almost ran towards her room. I got up and went in the direction of her imaginary. But as soon as I exited the kitchen, I smashed against a very hard surface. I closed my eyes on the impact. Ouch.

Since when was there a wall here?

Wait, since when were walls warm?

I pulled back and saw stormy grey eyes gazing back at me. Heat crept up my face stronger than before. I had just smashed into Jason Henderson's very naked chest. I felt dizzy. Why couldn't he have just worn a shirt? I couldn't stop gawking.

How did I always manage to get myself in situations like this?

"Umm.. s-sorry..e-e-excuse me." I stammered out, cursing myself. Why couldn't I behave like a normal person in front of him?

Why were so many questions inside my head now?

Uugghhhh....it was too early for this.

"It's alright, midget. No harm, no foul. Good morning to you, too." He looked on the verge of laughter. Oh, kill me now.

I giggled nervously, resisting the urge to flee before my brain actually registered his words. I narrowed my eyes, "Did you just call me midget?"

"Yup. I did. You're just so small." He smirked. I gasped. No one, I repeat, no one, not even the love of my life could call me short and get away with it.

"I am not short. You take that back." I growled out. His teasing grin widened.

"But it's just the truth. You're what? 5'2...5'3? That's short, Midget."

My growl deepened. "It's 5'4 for your information. It's average. You're the one who's so freakishly tall. You..You Gigantor!" He laughed loudly now, showing his dimples. His slightly wet blond hair fell into his eyes and his body shook with the force of his guffaws. He looked just oh so perfect. I visibly swooned. Pathetic, I know.

"Whatever." I huffed before making a beeline for Kiara's room. I willed the red to leave my cheeks.

Why oh why couldn't he be attracted to me as I was to him? It was the basic law of physics right.

I muttered to myself to calm the heck down before entering the room.

"What took you so long?" Curiosity was prominent in her eyes. "I heard someone laughing."

I swallowed; reminding myself to be calm one more time before replying in what I hoped was a normal voice. "I ran into your brother on the way here. Apparently he finds my lack of height amusing." I snorted, annoyed once again.

All traces of doubt vanished from her face. "Well to be honest, you do give very cute reactions every time someone even mentions your height." She giggled.

"Glad to know I amuse you too." I rolled my eyes. I was not short.

"Always." She promised in a solemn voice. "Anyways, don't you want to know the reason I called you here?" She was bouncing on the bed.

My demeanor changed at her excitement. "Of course I do. What is it?"

"I am going to get a tattoo." She announced.

A what now?