Chapter Seven: Of Smiles That Could Put Stars To Shame.

Hey there! Here's the next part. Hope you guys like it! Above given is a picture important to this chapter! ^^

Like, comment and vote!

Have an awesome weekend everyone! 

"Always be the first rate version of yourself instead of a second rate version of someone else." - Judy Garland.

Chapter Seven

The week that followed was filled with the latest gossip: The golden couple had broken up. Amicably, of course. Any other sort and it would have been a different kind of gossip altogether.

My mood was slightly noticeably obviously chirper. Dawn was giving me sly looks 24/7 to which I of course blushed. Kiara looked at me weirdly before dismissing it as one of my crazy bouts. Even Travis commented on my overflowing happiness.

Why did Jason always bring out such a nauseatingly girly side of me?

Another reason for my happiness was that Jason now treated me like a friend. An actual friend! Texts and talks included. I was literally on cloud nine.

In fact the first time he texted, I wasn't able to believe it was him. Then he sent me a screenshot in which he had my name saved as midget. And just like that my shock turned into annoyance and my sarcasm came back in full force.

Nothing better to sober you up from the spell of love than an insult. Works wonders, trust me.

Oh and for the sake of my sanity, I decided that I really definitely liked Jason. Anything further discussion was currently kept on hold.

I glanced at my phone as it vibrated from an incoming message from Travis.

>>Almost there.

Finally. Dawn, Kiara and I were waiting for him at the ice cream store near the class where I and Travis usually came. It was now nearly deserted due to cold weather. Christmas was just next week after all. And by the look of it, it was going to be white.

As soon as I mentioned Travis to them, they pestered me for not telling them about him from the very beginning (Kiara was a lot angrier when I described Travis's physical appearance. That girl, I swear) and asking me if I had a secret boyfriend all this time. As if.

Travis and I were strictly just friends.

His Royal Highness arrived almost half an hour later than the decided time and Dawn was going on and on about the value of punctuality. But the moment she saw him enter, her rambling cut off instantly and mouth opened in a gasp.

I raised my eyebrow. Travis was definitely not Dawn's type, was he?

He had tattoos for crying out loud!

I watched carefully as he approached our table with a friendly smile. I greeted him back and introduced him to others. As soon as he saw Dawn, his eyes widened just a tiny bit before going back to normal and he just a bit closer to her than necessary.

Now that was interesting.

We chatted for a while. Travis mixed in well with us like he was always there. Clearly he didn't need to worry about school after the winter break. He had two solid friends now beside me (especially Dawn, I added mischievously).

Kiara seemed to have given up after witnessing the chemistry in the air. She turned to me, suddenly excited. "Oh I nearly forgot to ask you. What are you bringing to Christmas this time?"

Dad and I always celebrated Christmas with the Hendersons. Clara prepared a grand feast every time and dad and I took his famous deserts. We also took presents for each one of them and they also got us presents.