Chapter Four: Is It Possible To Hate Someone At First Sight?

Hey! Here's the fourth one. Hope you like it. There's a new entry in this one. Above is a picture of Dawn. ^

Vote and Comment!

"Find out who you are and be that person. that's what your soul was put on this earth to be. find that truth, live that truth and everything else will come."- Ellen DeGeneres.

Chapter Four

After the little incident at the mall, I took off early to get to my job. I was so excited. It was my first day and I wanted to do my best.

Ms. Curtis, my boss, was the sweetest lady I had ever met. Even her voice was soothing. She never married because she claimed that she was already married to her one true love, dancing. She hired me after she saw that I was just as passionate about it. I basically had to assist in teaching ballet to little kids.

I knew ballet as mom and Clara had taught me some of it while growing up. But what I loved the most was contemporary style. That style made me feel alive like no other. The fluidity of the moves made me calm. The music flowed through me till my limbs moved on their own. I could probably go on and on about this.

I entered the studio and changed into the appropriate ballet dress. I started doing warm-ups when a voice from behind me interrupted me.

"Who the heck are you?" The voice belonged to a boy of roughly my age. He was wearing a dance shirt with some tights. Well, to be honest, he looked like an eye candy with his brown hair and eyes. His arms were also covered in tattoos. But the arrogant tilt in his jaw and I-am-better-than-you aura he gave off instantly made me narrow my eyes.

"Just the cleaning lady with secret dreams of becoming a dancer." I replied easily.

His expression changed. "Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, you know. It doesn't suit pretty little girls like you." Dear Lord, just who was he?

"Whoever said that was just pissed off that he couldn't get it right." I retorted, placing by hands on my waist.

"Or maybe he just knew better." His smirk deepened. He was seriously getting on my nerves now.

"Or maybe he was just plain jealous."

Just as he was about to reply, Ms. Curtis entered the studio. "Welcome to your first day, Rose. Ah, I see you've met my nephew, Travis. He'll be helping us too." She said in her sweet voice. This devil spawn was related to her?

I just nodded and greeted her back while turning my back to Travis. Just as I finished my warm-up, a parade of little girls wearing the most adorable tutus entered. Ms. Curtis immediately went into her instructor mode.

I had to say, it was a completely different experience teaching someone about what you love. Watching the girls concentrate and try their hardest to get their moves perfect filled me with a contentment I couldn't explain. Equally surprising was the fact that Travis was very gentle and sweet with the girls. It was like he was a completely different person.

The lesson ended earlier than I expected. Ms. Curtis gave them some last minute instructions and called it a day. I packed up my things and walked towards her. She looked at me with a smile "Great job today, Rose. I knew I was right in hiring you."

I beamed. "Thank you for giving me a chance. See you tomorrow." I was just about to leave when she called me.

"Rose, I almost forgot to tell you. Travis will be joining your school after the winter break. I hope you both will be friends." She gave me one last smile.

Travis came behind me and whispered in my ear. "Looks like you'll have to learn to put up with me, cupcake." He walked away with a backward glance.