When You Choose The Wrong Actor || jk

It had been a day like any other. Quietly you had been sat on the fast moving train, attempting to reread a few chapters from your favourite book, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, before reaching your desired destination.

On either side of you, people rose from their seats to exit the carriage. Nothing so far had been out of the ordinary.

Another figure chose to sit beside you and you continued to ignore them, as you desperately wanted to continue you reading the tense chapter.

Though the train was a cacophony of talking, laughing and announcements, you soon found yourself slipping away from reality and into the comforting fictional world that, you held in your bare hands.

As you avidly read on, you could not help but feel somewhat irritated. You shuffled slightly in your uncomfortable seat but the frustration did not cease. You could not fathom what was wrong. Then you felt the hairs on the back of your neck rise up in alarm. It suddenly made sense- someone was staring at you.

Reluctantly you looked away from the worn pages and noticed two passengers giggling and whispering, staring directly at you. Or so you thought. When you followed their awed gaze, you felt a gasp catch in you throat, for next to you he was sat. The one you adored.

Joe Keery.

How long had he been sat there? You internally questioned and how could you have not noticed him sooner?

But before you could even react to his presence, the train came to a steady halt. The doors opened. Within the blink of an eye, he was gone. Your initial meeting over before it had really even begun.

Or had it?

****

It had been one week since the dark-haired male had found himself sat next to that quiet, unassuming figure on the train.

That day had been like any other. He had boarded the carriage, Travelled to his desired destination. Exited said carriage. End of story. Yet he had been unable to get you out of his mind. You had taken up permanent residence within his every waking and sleeping thought. You were a ghost that he gladly allowed to haunt him daily.

Is this what it felt like to be an obsessed fan? He wondered one cool and rainy afternoon, as he sat by the window. Tea in one hand, book in the other.

The actor was unsure what it was about you exactly that had caught his attention. Perhaps it had been your calm demure amongst the cacophony of constant chatter and laughter? Or maybe it had been the way your lips curved into a slight smile and your eyes twinkled with delight as you turned each page of that worn novel of yours- his own work- eager to know what happened next? Although by the look of the cover, it was clear that you had read that book more than once.

No, he was stumped. Unable to truly understand what such a shy but lovely creature would capture his attention in such a fierce way.

With a lack of your presence in his everyday life, he suspected that his curiosity would eventually fade and you would become a distant memory that, would only resurface as and when he felt nostalgic or poetic in some pretentious way.

He smirked at that last thought of his inner monologue and thus, continued to read his book.

****

It had been one whole month since your initial (but brief) encounter with the handsome male, and still you could not get him out of your mind.

Every spare thought of yours was now dedicated to him. At times you found yourself lost in your daydreams and fantasies. The longing almost unbearable but it was a pain you welcomed greatly.

You had only sat next to him on the train, not even spoken a single word to the adonis you adored, yet you craved him company. Lusted after his body. Desired an intimate closeness.

Your undeniable obsession with the actor both frightened and thrilled you but you knew that you needed to return back to reality. Thinking such sordid thoughts was not going to help you get through your mundane daily routine. Life had not stopped just because you had met Mr Keery.

No, Dear Reader, but it had become a lot more interesting...

****

As you speedily strode through the downpour, you couldn't help but curse your stupidity. Oh all the days to forget an umbrella! you scolded yourself.

With icy cold fingers, you attempted to move the soaking tendrils of hair off of your forehead. Your once decent hairstyle was now ruined and beyond repair until you returned home.

Someone clutching a newspaper over their head darted passed. You took comfort in knowing that you weren't the only one suffering in the dismal weather.

You were so distracted by the stranger that, you didn't notice the dark-haired male until you collided into him.

Hands quickly reached for your shoulders to steady you.

"F*ck, I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going. Are you okay?" an eerily familiar voice hastily apologised but who did it belong to?

Glancing up at the male, you gasped. Not from the chill but from the person who stood before you. It was him. The actor you adored.

Joe Keery.

The rain continued to pour around you but you were no longer bothered by the weather. You only had eyes for him...

****

Coffee, he had said. The little shop near the bookstore, he had said. I'll meet you there for three, he had said.

It was now four o'clock and you were losing hope.

You had had enough of waiting. It was clear to you that he was a no show. With hot, angry tears threatening to pour from your eyes, you finished the dregs of your beverage, collected your coat and bag, ready to leave and return to your apartment.

WIthout warning, he walked into the small and cosy space. The male appeared to be slightly out of breath, as if he had been running but still, he was undoubtedly the most handsome man you had ever set eyes upon.

He noticed your staring. You hastily looked away, in hope that he wouldn't notice your tears. You turn your attention back to the finished drink. Using your peripheral vision, you observed him at the counter ordering a drink. He looked so nervous, continuously looking over his shoulder.

You deliberated whether or not you should return home. Merely walk out of the door, without a single glance in his direction. That would serve him right.

You felt a light tap on your shoulder, which understandably caused you to flinch in shock. "Sorry," it was him. His cheeks were flushed with a deep blush, his embarrassment evident. "I did say your name a few times. You seemed to be lost in thought." he sheepishly smiled before he sunk into the chair opposite you, setting down his iced coffee on the table.

You watched his every move, trying to desperately work out whether or not it was a good opportunity to leave.

He noticed your frown and smiled shyly. You averted your gaze and stare at the wooden table.

"I'm sorry." he repeated.

"It's fine." you grumbled.

"No, not for the...the tap. I mean f-for being late." he stuttered.

At his admission, you focused your glare back to the nervous male. His teeth chewed anxiously at his bottom lip. If you hadn't been so allowably infuriated by the man, you probably would have fantasised about biting that very lip.

Slowly.

Teasingly.

Pleasurably.

"I...I don't have an excuse." he continued his explanation. Your eyebrows rose in utter disbelief. Well, at least he wasn't lying to your face, you thought sourly.

"Not a proper one anyway. I left on time to meet you. I planned to be here ten minutes early but I got sidetracked. It happens a lot, see. I, um, I got distracted by...a, uh, it doesn't matter what. You don't want to know what distracted me. The point is, I'm truly sorry for being late. I should have been here and I wasn't." he paused, a look of determination set upon his proportionate features. "I don't expect you to give me a second chance but maybe...maybe we could, um, have a coffee together now? Just for a few minutes. Consider it a part of my apology. It can even be in a takeout cup. Even if after I get you-what is that you have there? A (insert a drink name). Right. Even if after I get you one of those and you still want to leave, you can. I won't stop you. I won't protest. I will fully understand if you want to leave now." he took a deep breath, another pause in his incessant rambling. "So...what do you say?"

Despite your evident unhappiness for his lateness, you'd already decided what you liked most about him. You didn't know much about the male, only what you'd read in the newspapers but you decided that you liked- no, loved- his honesty.

****

You had stayed for coffee, which of course he thanked his lucky stars for. At first, things had been slightly awkward between you both but eventually, you opened up and started to talk. Really talk.

Joe couldn't remember the last time he had laughed so much in one sitting. You were hilarious and witty, not to mention beautiful. The whole package.

The only downside was the timing of your meeting. If only it had been a few months earlier.

You see after you initial meeting, Joe had had to travel for a scheduled press tour abroad, which meant he wouldn't be around for at least three months. He hated leaving so soon after becoming acquainted you but there was nothing he could do.

The male had given you his number, in hope that you would keep in touch while he was away.

So far he had received a 'have a safe trip' text from you, which had instantly brightened his mood. Who knew, perhaps when he finally returned home, you would still be interested in another date...

****

It had been three weeks since your first date and still, the actor was on your mind. So you decided to contact him, hoping that he would receive your messages across the great distance that separated you. Thank goodness for cell phones.

As you were sat at your desk, you quickly typed your message.

Hi, it's (Y/N) here. Just hoping you're having a wonderful day. It's currently raining here. Thankfully I didn't forget my umbrella today! Maybe it's nicer where you are. :)

You waited and wondered if he was awake...

Dear (You)
Hi to you too. :) It's been a while. Today has been...long and eventful. I'm just on my way back to my room. Looking forward to having a rest and something to eat. I wish I could say it is sunny but it's not, it's raining here too!

Your heart leapt at the sight of his text.

That busy, huh? I can't imagine what it's like to get to travel so much. To see so much of the world in such a small space of time. It must be exhilarating.

It is. It definitely is. I'm very fortunate that way. At times, it does make you appreciate home more. Have you travelled much?

Everything okay out there? You sound a little homesick. And no, I wish! I've always wanted to visit (insert desired destination. Not Joe's bed.)

I'm fine. Honestly. I am missing home a bit but it'll pass. I think the rain is making me nostalgic. And I've visited there. It's beautiful. I can see why you'd want to visit.

Well, I am due a holiday. Make work owes me some time off. Who knows, maybe I'll one day save up enough to go. I'm sorry that you're missing home. Is there anything I can do?

Can you use your holiday time to come and visit me?

****

It had been a long journey by aeroplane but finally, you had arrived at the airport. Exhausted, you collected your luggage and began to drag it wearily towards the exit plank.

You ignored your surroundings, eager to find a your hotel. You could not wait to be checked into your room. You were desperately in need of sleep. You had been too excited about your trip to rest but now, you were definitely suffering because of your stupidity.

Your eyes scanned the row of people- most likely family and friends- waiting to greet someone from your flight. You smiled to yourself at the sight. You thought about how nice it would be to have someone waiting for you.

You continued to read the signs and then something caught your attention. Written in bold capitals was your name but it couldn't have been for you? Surely there was another (y/n) on your flight. But when you looked closely at the person holding the name card, your eyes widened with shock.

Joe.

Speedily striding over to him, a smile playing on your lips. This trip was definitely getting off to a good start.

****

"Joe, where are we going?!" you giggled as the male took your hand in his and led you along the sidewalk. You were quite the stylish pair.

"It's a surprise, Darling."

You rolled your eyes, not surprised by his reaction. "I hadn't noticed."

Ooh, sarcasm! Very sassy, (y/n).

Joe stopped in his tracks, turning on his heels to face you, a lop-sided smile playing upon his lips. You loved that smile.

The actor pulled you into his arms, your favourite place to be. "I'm so glad you decided to visit me."

You rose onto your tiptoes, until your lips were only centimetres apart. "Me too." you rewarded him with a chaste kiss before you moved to pull away but Joe still you tightly in his arms.

Gently, he kissed you forehead. "Let's keep moving. We don't want to be late."

You smiled. "So, this secret date you've planned? Are you really not going to tell me what it is?"

He nodded, taking your hands in his. "I know that you're going to love it."

You were sure that you would.

***

(Your favourite play), you were going to see a production of the play at the theatre!

You could hardly contain your excitement as it was your favourite play. Joe must have heard you mention the said fact and booked the tickets.

"Oh, Joe..."

He merely chuckled as you made your way to your seats. "I've heard that this particular production is visually stunning."

"Joe..."

He didn't seem to be paying attention. "I also read reviews that the director is highly-praised for his twist on this particular play."

"Joe..."

You were now at your seats. The dark-haired male momentarily stopped talking. Once you were both comfortable, he began chatting again. "I do love this play. I must admit when you first told me that it was your favourite, I was slightly surprised."

"Joe..."

"But when I heard that this theatre was hosting it as their play of the week, I knew that I had to get tickets. So-"

Suddenly he was silenced by your lips. He found himself becoming lost in your sweet embrace when you abruptly pulled away. "Thank you." you whispered and earned your favourite kind of smile from him.

Lop-sided, of course.

****

It was a furiously hot day and neither you or Joe had the energy to move. In fact, you both were secretly longing for the rain.

As the male lay in his bed beside you, his lovely companion, he took a bite of his ice pop, savouring the flavour.

Despite the obvious pleasure he was getting from the iced treat, his mind was focused on other thoughts. Such as humanity's absolute lack of appreciation for self-expression.

In all of his years, the deep-thinking male had found it so laughable that fellow humans had the potential to be so creative and yet lacked the basic ambition to be something great.

Take his acting for example. Joe had spent years nurturing his skill. It had been hard work, but even now as he stared at the press tour itinerary, he felt saddened. The world lacked imagination. It was slipping past them like the sands in an hour glass.

He felt a pair of hands reach up and run through his short locks. The male looked down at his companion. "Did you want something?"

You smiled at him. "Just a bite of your ice pop."

He grinned, offering you the half-eaten treat. You placed your lips to it, took a bite and hummed in appreciation. "Delicious." you quipped.

"Isn't it just?"

"So," you handed the red ice lolly back to your male friend. "What were you think so deeply about?"

He merely shook his head. "It was nothing."

"Are you sure?"

Joe nodded, his mop of hair falling into his eyes. Instinctively you reached up and brushed the strands away so that you could once more clearly see his beautiful eyes.

His pale, long fingers wrapped around your wrist as you went to move your hand away. He brought your wrist to his lips and tenderly placed a kiss upon the skin. "I hate zombies." he concluded, mumbling his words against her skin.

You nodded knowingly. "So do I."

"They just do not appreciate the lives that they have been given. They do not understand why they are here." he paused. "We are here to care about one another and produce something beautiful. Whether that be through art, music, kindness or dancing." he pursed his lips. "Even those who unlocked their true potential were mocked."

"Pythagoras?" you asked.

"Slaughtered."

"Copernicus?"

"Ridiculed."

You merely shrugged. "Maybe we're the only ones who are supposed to recognise beauty?"

"The only lovers left alive to understand what it truly means to be artistic."

You laughed. "Only lovers left alive- I like that."

He smiled sadly. "Doesn't that sound like a sad existence?"

You shrugged again. "It can't be that lonely if we have one another."

He smiled at your optimism. "Perhaps you're right."

Perhaps you were...

****

As he got dressed that morning, Joe could not help but frown at the multitude of lovebites you had left along his collarbone and neck. He knew you were a little...bitey but he had never seen you be so animalistic before. He liked it.

Your latest session together had been full of raw passion and need. The only goal was to feel and to please- nothing more, nothing less.

Normally when you- he cringed at the phrase- made love, it was always gentle and full of living looks and gasped praises but last night, you had been vocal. The author had never heard you scream his name so loudly. He liked it.

He loved all of it. The gentleness, the roughness- he didn't care what you wanted or needed from him, as long as he could provide you with it, he would. You deserved to be loved.

****

It had been two months and two weeks since you had returned home from your vacation. You had adored every second of your trip and were easily missing the excitable, intelligent male. But thankfully, you wouldn't have to miss him much longer, for that morning, he was officially returning home...

"Joe!"

"Joe, over here!"

Two months later and finally he was home.

"Mister Keery!"

"Joe, look over here!"

He was so undeniably pleased to be off of the aeroplane. The journey had been comfortable but lengthy, the chance to walk on solid ground was certainly a comfort to the male.

Flash. Flash, Flash. Picture after picture taken. The constant bright lights were beginning to cloud his vision. All Joe needed to do was keep his head down, navigate through the swarm of journalists, apparate and then finally, he would be free.

"Joe, tell us, who's the mystery (insert gender) you were seen with?!"

Ah, yes. You. He could hardly suppress a grin at the mention of you. It had been so wonderful to have you spend your holiday time with him. It had been two, whole weeks of bliss for your besotted suitor. Just thinking of your time together had him feeling giddy. Two and a half months without you had strangely felt like a lifetime and it was fair to say that, now he was in the same country as you, Joe couldn't wait to see you again.

For too long he had been separated from you. Although the handsome male knew that you were forgiving and understanding about his absence, Joe could not help but feel guilty about neglecting you.

Texts had been scarce and phone calls even less. Neither of you were clingy but since you were on the cusp of what could be a serious relationship, you both had been eager to try and make the long distance situation work in your favour.

"Can you at least give us a name?!"

Yes, Joe Keery had finally returned and was now ready to begin living his life without the distraction of travelling.

****

It had been days since Joe had found himself home on familiar soil. It had been days since he had found himself standing at your front door. It had been days since he had left your welcoming arms.

Once he had found himself within the safe and comfortable confines of your bed, he had not wanted to leave your side and so far, he hadn't. Save for the few times he had left your apartment to buy groceries or pick up more essentials from his own home.

No, Tom much preferred having a bed fellow such as yourself,- someone so undeniably beautiful, kind and with a mutual, insatiable lust for skin-on-skin contact. You were both well suited to one another.

As you came down from your latest passion-induced high, you breathed erratically, a content smile plastered to your face. You hadn't experienced that particular movement before. You mentally made a note to remind Joe to try that one out again.

Your lover rolled off of you and stretched out to lie beside you, before he pulled you against his side. His warm breath tickled your cheek as he placed a chaste kiss against your cheekbone. "That was fun." he chuckled, as he settled against the pillows and stared at the ceiling. One of his hands moved to wearily card through your hair. "We should definitely try that again."

"Give me half an hour and we can." you quipped, before you snuggled into his side and kissed his bare shoulder.

He laughed but true to your word, half an later and you were in the throws of yet another intense "welcome home, Joe" session.

****

Since his return home, you had been inseparable. Wherever you went, he willingly followed. But despite your obvious attachment to one another, Joe was yet to call you by an official title.

It was on one rainy morning, when both you and he were eating breakfast together, reading your books, when he finally said, "So my friends want to meet you."

Not lifting your eyes from the page, your lips quirked into a slight smile. "Just give me a when and where, Keery."

The was a momentary pause, where the male deliberated over what you had said before he finally replied, "I also told them you were my (gender)friend."

"It's about time." you quipped and turned the page. "

"And I think you should move in with me."

Maybe your page could wait...

****

TO BE FUDGING CONTINUED...