The Stalker

Lucy is Dreaming:

"Lucy," whispered a deep voice. Lucy found herself, alone, in the dark.

"Hello?" she called out. "Is someone there?"

"Lucy," the same voice repeated. She didn't recognize it.

"Who are you?" she called out. "What do you want?"

There was an evil sounding chuckle, then, "I was most impressed with your performance today, dear Lucy. Most impressed. Your power has grown, enough to manipulate the celestial beings themselves! I've had my eye on you for awhile, my dear. Soon, we will be together."

"Who are you?" Lucy called again to the darkness. It felt...oppressive, like it was closing in on her. She felt....scared.

"Soon, dear Lucy. Sleep now."

The Next Morning:

Lucy awoke, feeling refreshed and re-energized. She did not remember her dream from the night before.

Her train left at 10, so she had time to explore the town a bit before she left. Leaving her luggage checked in at the station, she set out to do a little shopping. She found a silver pin in the shape of a fish she decided to buy for Happy. Since she had no idea when the two would return, this would keep better than a smelly old fish, she decided. Of course, she knew which one Happy would prefer! At another store, she found a jar proclaiming itself the "hottest sauce in Fiore" that she bought for Natsu. She also bought a book for the train and a snack. Glancing at a nearby clock, she realized she still had an hour before the train left and decided to go to the park to relax and read her book, eat her snack.

Finding a spare bench, Lucy looked around,smiling at all the people out and about enjoying this beautiful day. A warm breeze tickled her skin as she bit into her apple, turning the page of her new book. Her other purchases sat on the bench beside her.

Suddenly, the sky grew dark and Lucy shivered as that same warm breeze turned icy. Shocked by the sudden turn of weather, she grabbed her things and quickly tried to make her way to the train station, deciding to wait out the sudden storm there.

"Lucy," a deep voice floated on the breeze.

It was her imagination. She needed to get to shelter, her instincts told her. Looking around, she wondered where all the people who had populated the park just moments ago had disappeared to.

"Lucy! It's time!" came the voice again, harsher, as the wind began to pick up.

She whimpered, recognizing the voice, remembering her dream. He was coming for her!

"Natsu," she whispered, wishing with all her heart he was here to protect her. Why had she insisted on going this alone?

"Lucy!" the voice raged, seeming to chase behind her. She stumbled, dropping her packages, her apple, her book. She placed a protective hand on her keys, feeling them glow underneath her hand. She wanted to stop, wanted to call on her spirits for help, but did she have time? She was afraid of the wind, now whipping all around her, that if she pulled one out, it would be ripped from her hand!

It was as if the voice had read her greatest fear, and she felt the tug on her belt as her bag of keys were pulled from her by the same wind.

"No!" she screamed, holding on to them tightly. "No!" she screamed over and over, not realizing she was doing so.

Suddenly, the wind died down, the sky lightened up, and Lucy found herself kneeling on the ground, her bag with her keys clutched in her hand. She was sobbing, terrified. What was this voice? This force? It had an evil presence. She could feel it!

She looked up, seeing the train station ahead through blurry eyes. Standing up, she started walking slowly towards it. Her legs felt like lead. She forced them to move, one foot in front of the other. She looked up from her strange gait, noting the train station seemed even farther than before. What was happening? Lucy looked around frantically for help. There were people, but no one seemed to notice her! She called out, reaching her hand towards a woman, but it was like she just walked right through it!

"What is going on?" Lucy said aloud, the words echoing in her head. It was like no one could see her, hear her.

She looked up again at her destination - the train station - and it seemed even farther away! In fact, it seemed to be...moving? Like the train itself. Except it was going in the other direction!

"Come back!" Lucy shouted, her words still echoing in her head as she reached out her hand as if to stop it.

Her body felt so heavy. Her legs, so awkward, couldn't hold her anymore and she collapsed. "What's happening to me?" Lucy murmured, terrified, realizing she was losing consciousness. She tried to fight it, but in the end, it was too powerful.