The Plan

"Freed, Reedus, come with me!"

Makarov made his way to the basement. Freed lifted his enchantment.

"Reedus, I need you to paint a decoy," Makarov said. "We'll be moving Lucy to a more secure, hidden location here in the Guild. I want Elfman and Lisanna to guard the decoy. Lily, I want you and Carla and Happy to come with me. You'll guard the real Lucy."

Makarov walked over to one of the bookshelves and waved his hand in front of it. They parted, revealing a small door behind them. He gestured for them to bring the lacrima, which had fully engulfed the sleeping Lucy by this time, through the door.

"This is where we keep some of our more sacred texts," he told the exceeds. "It's a secure place that only the Master can access. I want you to stay here with Lucy and make sure nothing happens." The exceeds nodded silently.

Makarov sealed the room again behind the bookshelf. Reedus had finished the decoy. "Good job," Makarov said, clapping him on the back. "Lisanna, Elfman, make sure that you act like this is the real thing."

A loud boom sounded from above and Makarov hurried up the stairs.

"We're under attack!" Erza shouted, running towards the doors. She was thrown back as the doors exploded inward.

The Fairy Tail mages rushed out, as shade warriors infiltrated the Guild. Makarov walked through the battles, eyes narrowed, looking for Porla.

"Jose Porla!" he bellowed. "Show yourself you coward!"

"Give me what's mine, Makarov!" shouted Porla, appearing several feet before Makarov. "So I can destroy you and all you hold dear!"

"Like hell!" answered Makarov. "Stop using projection and fight me! You want Fairy Tail? You have to come through me first!"

"While my shade warriors are keeping your pathetic children busy, I'm setting my lacrima to explode!"

"You're bluffing, you jackass! I will not give away where we have hidden Lucy!"

Porla chuckled. "Can't blame me for trying. You're dumb enough to fall for less!"

"Show yourself!" growled Makarov.

"If you're so willing to die..." Porla said. There was a shimmer and then, "Dead Wave!"

A mass of black magic came at Makarov, who was ready to block it when a burst of fire came at it, pushing it back towards Porla.

"Fire Dragon Wing Attack!" shouted Natsu, stepping in front of Makarov.

"Natsu!" shouted Makarov.

"I've got this! He needs to pay for what he did to Lucy!" Natsu shouted.

"Boy, better listen to your master!" Porla chuckled. "You have no idea who you are messing with!"

"You're the asshole who did this to Lucy! You're the jerk who's attacking my Guild! You're the one who's going to pay!" Natsu shouted back at him.

"Shade Entangle," responded Porla, waving his hand in an arc in front of him. Several shade soldiers appeared and surrounded Natsu, lifting him up in the air.

"Struggle all you like!" Porla shouted. "It will only cause you more pain!"

"Porla!" growled Makarov, growing larger, taking on his giant form. "Let the boy go! Your battle is with me!"

"No, my battle is with Fairy Tail!" Porla shouted. "Dark Pulse!" he shouted, throwing an explosion at the Guild Hall.

Makarov blocked it. "Porla!" he shouted. "Leave my Guild at once or I will be forced to annihilate you!"

"Oh, such dark words, Makarov! What would the council say?" mocked Porla. He threw several more attacks at Makarov, who continued to block them.

"You asshole!" shouted Natsu, finally struggling free of Porla's minions. He threw several fire dragon attacks at Porla, who merely deflected them.

"Natsu!" shouted Makarov. "You need to protect Lucy! Leave Porla to me!"

Natsu was torn - he wanted revenge, but he needed to protect Lucy. "Dammit!" he shouted, then ran inside the Hall, where Makarov could hear him jumping into the fight.

"Call your attack off! It's not like you have a Guild to fight us!" ordered Makarov, deflecting another spell.

"No, I don't - I have mindless dark slaves that do the work for me! If they are defeated, they are easily replaced!" shouted Porla, waving his hand and sending a new wave of shade warriors into the Guild Hall.

"That's it!" shouted Makarov. "FAIRY LAW!"

A ball of light appeared in Makarov's hands, growing larger and larger. Porla chuckled. He had anticipated this.

"DEAD WAVE!" he shouted in return, sending out a large pulse of dark magic against Makarov's light magic.

The light and dark magic fought for control, each mage straining to make theirs the more powerful.