Heart Burn - #2

K E H L A N I' S
P O V

"I'm just on my way to bring Levy some food. Can you believe we're still together? Finally something's falling into place." I sigh, as with my sister Kylan on the phone. "Well I'm here sis, I'll call you in a bit."

The door is usually open, so I held the takeout in one hand and swung it open.

The TV was on, so I walked towards the living room.

"Hey Lev." I greet and his eyes snap to me.

"Kehlani?" He stands quickly, his eyes moving to the bathroom door and I raise my eyebrow.

"I brought you some food." I hand him the takeout and he laughs nervously running a hand through his blonde hair.

"Is everything okay?" I step forward to grab his arm because he looks like he's on the verge of panicking.

"Totally. I just. . I don't feel too well. ."

"Oh." I frown.

"Maybe you could come back later baby? I'll call you." I nod, getting on my tiptoes to kiss his cheek, his frown deepens even more as If he was dreading something.

"Get well soon babe."

"Thank you. ." he murmurs as he walks me to the door, but I freeze as I hear the toilet flush.

"Who's with you?" I ask innocently and he gulps.

"Just one—"

"Babe, can you believe what — oh." I stare at a pretty girl with long black hair and green eyes. She was shorter than me but no by much. Her eyes move to me, and she glares a bit.

"Who's this?" I whisper, I can already hear my heart breaking in my chest, he rubs his face asking the female to leave. "I'll leave also."

I reach for my bag, afraid to break down but he grips my wrist.

"Kehlani—"

"Are you cheating on me Levy? Please. . please just be honest." Each breath was getting shorter as tears develop in his eyes. "Why?"

"It wasnt anything serious I-I got drunk and well we did the deed, after which we never stopped calling each other —"

"You said you could wait. Why didn't you just end it with me before letting me find out?" Oh gosh it hurts.

"Baby I'm so sorry I didn't. . I wasn't —"

"Goodbye Levy."

"Kehlnai listen to me—" I rip my hands from his, afraid to look at him as I move towards the door. He slams his hand on it to prevent me from leaving and all the frustration gets to me as I start crying.

"Please don't cry."

"Shut up. You did this." I wipe away my tears hastily.

"I can make it up I—"

"Levy I just want to go home. Please."

× × ×

"Why am I not good enough Kylan, what am I missing? I do everything I can, push myself out of my comfort zone just so I could be secretly replaced." I cry into my hands, not bothered by the people around me.

"Oh Kehlani, you're perfect, someone's going to see that."

"Y'know they said the third times a charm? That was the third relationship and second time someone cheated on me. I'm the problem aren't I?"

"Kehlani—"

"I trusted him Kylan, I-I thought that maybe. . and he just betrayed me. I can't tell dad, he would go ballistic." I sniff, leaning back into the chair.

"He'll find out sooner if later Lani."

"I just want to crawl into my bed and watch a never ending series of Gravity Falls." I murmur and she smiles.

"Well? Its Sunday right? Let's get to it." My eyes connect with a boy with the cutest curls I have ever seen, my eyes widen at how my stomach immediately did a Summersault, and I would've probably stopped walking if it wasn't for Kylan behind me. I look forward reluctantly before staring at back at him before I leave the dinner.

No one likes you Kehlani, no one.

× × ×

I fell asleep on my sisters leg as we did in fact watch gravity falls with loads of Ice cream. When I woke up, I lowered the TV seeing that see was still sleeping before rubbing my eyes.

I grab my phone to see I had over ten messages and twenty missed calls.

Levy- I made a mistake but I'm going to make it better baby.

Levy- can you please pick up?

Levy- I need to know you're okay please Kehlani

Levy- She meant nothing to be just a way to pass time.

And lots more where that came from, I stood walking towards the bathroom, locking it and taking a seat on the floor.

I like the feeling of the cold floor beneath my thighs. .  my eyes were begging to be closed again but I needed this.

I needed to escape reality.

I got cheated on twice in the same year, my other ex boyfriend just left me. Am I not the problem?

Who else to blame when you're just simply not good enough?

When no one likes you because you're not the picture of perfection?

I'm sorry, that I can't be the girl who keeps their interest.

No matter how had I try it will never be enough.

I just want to fade away, into the sidelines.

Staring at the blood that drips from my thighs, I silently murmur "That's exactly what I'll do."