Heart Burn- #4

K E H L A N I ' S
P O V

"Hey dad." I state at the man who was sitting on the kitchen stool with papers scattered all over the table. "Just some boy." I wave it up, he raises an eyebrow.

"Just some boy? That has you laughing and smiling?"

"Oh come on!" I throw my bag on the couch, walking towards the kitchen. "Is it a weird thing to laugh and smile now?"

"Well no but—"

"Pasta for dinner?"

"Food?"

× × ×

Kylan sat on my floor painting her nails while I shove a chocolate bar into my mouth.

"At this rate you'll be obese and have diabetes." Kylan comments and I glare at her.

"Be quiet." She winks at me before her phone vibrates.

"Who's that?" I ask as groans.

"We have volleyball practice again." She blows her nails and I grin.

"I'm so glad I don't participate in any other activities other than schoolwork and community service." I tease and she roll her eyes.

"At least I'll stay fit and not look like an elephant."

"This elephant will sit in you if you don't shut your mouth." I narrow my eyes and she sniggers.

"Waddles!" Mabel exclaims in the TV and I look to see my little friend cuddling her pig.

"I want a pet pig." I frown and Kylan rolls her eyes.

"They don't say cute forever Kehlani." All sounds drown off as my mind switches to the boy that ealkrd me home.

I never got his name, but I felt different around him. I didn't have to watch my hyena laugh around him, or worry about if I was sweaty or not. He made me feel comfortable just thus once by not looking at me like I was a piece if meat.

Unfortunately I just came from a relationship and it wouldn't last. . . I'm not good enough for any one.

× × ×

It was the same old, same old. I had just stepped outside the school gate when my phone vibrated.

I grabbed it from my pocket, seeing that I got a text.

Curly head- What are you doing right now?

Simply because he never told me his name.

Me- just leaving school to go home.

Curly head- care to grab lunch with me?

Me- sure, where?

Curly head- wait outside, I'll coke pick you up.

Me- Alright.

I stand, ignoring the looks from the nosy teenagers. I decide to read a bit, removing the newly burrowed library book.

A fee minutes later, a black Audi hums in front of me.

Am I the only one that likes the sound? It was loud but it was tamed. . like a . . growl, okay I'm going to stop talking.

The window winds down and a head full of curls waves at me as his hair bounces around.

"Hey." He greets with a cheeky, dimple showing grin and I can't help but smile back.

"Hi." I murmur, slipping in, once ignoring the teenagers who were now staring at me.

He rolls up the glass before we drive in a familiar route.

"We're going to Timer?" I raise an eyebrow and he grins.

"Who doesn't like wings?"

The Bluetooth audio is interrupt as the phone icon enlarges.

"Oh boy." Mom lights up the contraption as he presses the accept. "Hi mom." He has one hand on the wheel, the other on the window lip and through his curls.

Oh they're so beautiful.

"Hey baby! Where are you?"

"I'm going to Timers." He says.

"You're going to get heartburn if you continue eating all these wings." She laughs and I hear a voice from behind.

"Don't worry kid, she was always eating the same crap when she was younger!" A male voice calls.

"Go put your shoes on you goat!" She yells and I stifle a laugh, he looks over to me slightly, shaking his head before turning back to the road.

"I just wanted to let you know what we'll be home late. We have to attend some event for charity."  He snorts.

"At. . 3:30?"

"Its an all day thing." She sighs. "You have money right?"

"Mm." He hums, parking and I sit idly, admiring the relationship he had with his mom.

"Alright so order pizza or whatever, invite Blue but keep the Jude girl out of my house, she's a rude one, and I don't want to go to court for dragging somebody's child outside." Once again I try to stifle my laugh hut it escapes.

"Is she there with you?" She asks suddenly, her voice more aggressive.

"No mom, calm down." He bangs his head on the head rest.

"So who's that? You have a new girlfriend? Finally, hii, I'm Tequila!" She screams through the phone.

"Ace! He got rid of the hobo orangutan." Then a burst of laughter from the male.  . Ace.

Tequila? That's a weird name.

"H-hi. . "

"She's not my girlfriend!" He  defends.

"I want to meet her, can we video call?"

"Go get ready." His hand hovers over end.

"I'll get to know soon, you'll see."

"Love you mom! Dad!"

"Love you too wings!" He presses end before rubbing his face.

"I am so sorry for that my parents. . they. . they have a few screws loose." I laugh, shaking my head.

"Its okay, I enjoyed your conversation actually. "That sounded so weird.

Stupid, stupid, stupid!

He grins before stepping out and leading me into the fast food restaurant.

"You never told me your name." I speak up as we sat at the booth.

"Its Draco, Draco Marcel."