Heart Burn - #5

K E H L A N I 'S
P O V

"Why do the call it hot wings when they only give us the drumlette." I frown at the pieces of meat and he chuckles.

"Question of the day." His mouth was coated with sauce and I tried hard not to start laughing. Even as a messy Eater, he still looked cute.

"You have a little something." I inform him.

"Where?" He questions and I grin.

"Everywhere." The tip of his ears are pink as he cutely wipes his mouth, revealing his pink cheeks.

"So Mr. Marcel, what do you want to be when you're older?"

"I'm just going to run one of my Fathers business before I take over all of them." He shrugs and I am completely shocked by his answer. He sounded so. . modest.

"How many is all?" He bites the inside of his cheek not staring at me.

"Maybe.   16?" I start choking on the meat.

That's what she said.

And he slides over the juice, looking at me worriedly.

"Talk about successful." I heave still in shock and when I settle down we both burst out laughing.

"You nearly died and you're still talking about my Fathers success."

"Well died is maybe an exaggeration but I'm impressed, like really, he must be mighty rich." I state and Draco snorts.

"We have more money than we know what to do with, they always go to charity events. And the fact that my mom isn't really a spender unless its food, I'm an only kid, and we don't really have much family makes it worse." He sighs, sipping his red drink and I smile.

He's complaining about too much money.

Others are complaining that they don't have money.

What is this world?

"How about you? What's your family like?"

"Not really as interesting as yours." I laugh nervously. "I never knew my mom. . as soon as I was born she told the nurse she didnt want me, luckily my dad fell in love, his words. I have a sister, same goes for her since we were only five minutes apart. My dad's a lawyer and. . that's it." I answer and he was frowning at me, I rub my hands nervously as he leans forward.

Rejected four times, from all people you thought would love you.

This dampened my mood as I no longer craved to be around anyone.

I clear my throat as he doesn't say anything. Grabbing the empty plates I stand.

"Are you ready?" I squeak and he nods, standing also. I dump the garbage, and we walk out in silence. The streetlights were already on as we headed to the vehicle.

"Hey, let's take a short walk." He touches my arm and I nearly erupt in a fit of giggles.

Its an awful habit.

Instead I roll my lips into my mouth and nod. He walks forward blowing out a breath, before shoving his hand into his front pockets.

"I'm sorry to hear about your mom," he speaks up. "I was just surprised as to why someone would not want you, you're so beautiful." He turns to me, and I pull a bit of my short hair behind my ear, my neck burning up.

"O-o-oh thank you." I smile softly at him and he returns it.

"And Levy's just a di—"

"I know." I interrupt and he shakes his head.

"I can't tell you I understand what you're going through because I've never been cheated on but I just thought you should know that it obviously wasn't you. You're beautiful and kind from what I see, or maybe I judge to quickly but I've got to say those boys were fool." It's been a day and a half and this boy has already made me feel like I was something special.

It irked me.

It irked me because I felt like they were all the same. He looked genuine, his eyes twinkling as he stared at me and when the words settled I can't help the tears that fall onto my cheek. For the first time in these days I allow myself to admit my broken feelings, and show a moment of weakness.

In two days, Draco Marcel has put this retarded thought back in my head.

Maybe you're good enough.