Exposed || Chapter 35

Author's Note: srk2015 vickiwaitingx dwritingprojects amoniquebee LunaMoonglade
LesaG777
===

1984 - New York

Michael

When that rumbled music stopped playing and I could actually hear myself think, Patrice laughed to herself behind the mahogany desk.

"What's wrong?" She questioned me with another perfect smile. Voices still chatted outside the door.

"I'm not leaving until tomorrow morning. Any plans tonight?" If I start the conversation again, we'd probably encounter awkward silence. 

"Are you asking me out?" Patrice licked her lips watching me.

"Not really. We haven't had the best relationship. Think of this offer as my way of starting over." I responded before long.

"Okay. I understand that. What did you have in mind?" Patrice nodded while poking out her bottom lip.

***

We stood side by side on the red carpet as cameras flocked to notice me first. I hardly ever stepped out unless obviously necessary.

Still,  treating Patrice to my boring insomnia nights seemed out of the question.

Thundering bass spilled from the nightclub to my ears as I hid behind Aviator sunglasses.

Patrice rocked this black outfit. Curly hair topped to make a bun this time, but still fell around her gorgeous face.

Not too far away, Prince and Brenda unexpectedly walked hand in hand together. Both draped in matching purple.

I could've easily dropped my jaw watching Prince smile with her. The man seemed genuinely happy right now.

"They're cute." Patrice remarked beside me. I turned around to face her, but wouldn't exactly smile.

As we moved closer and closer towards the entrance, I didn't know what to think when Prince kissed Brenda passionately right in front of us.

Paparazzi squealed, laughing afterwards. Patrice wouldn't even flinch at all.

Again, I didn't know what to think before one of the bouncers unclipped that infamous velvet rope.

As a gentleman, I led Patrice in by the small of her back. I then occasionally turned to look around in the name of safety for both of us.

Bill and his security team already  scattered throughout the nightclub as usual.

"I'm going to the bar. Do you want anything?" Patrice stood close enough to whisper over the booming music.

"Are you kidding? I'm paying tonight." I nearly scoffed and held onto my own chest.

Patrice rolled her eyes, but winked again.  We soon headed towards our destination together.

Still, this lump formed in my throat as I remembered Brenda's otherwise sweet interaction with Prince.

For whatever reason, something didn't feel right.

At the bar, Patrice and I stood by and attendants immediately noticed.