Exposed || Chapter 59

Author's Note: vickiwaitingx JLC319 dsversatileworks amoniquebee ToniJones232 LesaG777 Enjoy!

==

1986 - "Bad" Shoot

Michael

"Cut!" In the middle of filming my dance routine with Jeffrey and others, Martin Scorsese halted production.

I didn't know what to think to think, but at least we'd filmed a few good takes before this point.

Out of nowhere, Turkle (Karen Faye), rushed over and paled with wide eyes. Even some of the personal assistants and Frank moved quickly in my direction.

"Mike, I'm really sorry, but someone just called looking for you. " Frank spoke up first with crossed arms.

"Who called? What's going on? It is an emergency?" I whispered, narrowing both eyes. 

Even these dancers who stood behind me mumbled in the name of obvious  confusion.

"Prince called. We need to visit the hospital. It's time." In that moment, Turkle grinned. I titled my head.

Crew members all around us suddenly disassembled equipment or rolled out in one way or another.

"Time for what? What the hell happened to Prince?" I dismissed her smile and paced the ground. 

"Brenda's in the hospital with him. Right now! Think, Michael." Frank interjected.

"Oh my..." I immediately gasped and pushed Wesley out of the way to reach my nearest exit. Just like in my short film.

I didn't even care about saying goodbye to everyone else for once.

After my voice shouted farewell to Martin, bodyguards raced out, hoping to catch up with me in this frigid New York snow.

__

New Jersey

After I raced through back doors,  employees stopped my security guards from moving any further. Even Frank bickered with one of the receptionists.

My steps then brushed past everyone when I saw a doctor walking down the sanitized  hallway.

My eyes widened immediately as thoughts questioned everything.
Where? When? How long? On and on.

"We've waited for you, Michael. Follow me." A gentleman with peppered hair smiled.  I turned back to wave for everyone and the arguments paused.

"Let's go." I cheered to myself.  Frank and Bill immediately starting applauding. I rolled my eyes, but grinned.

"Brenda's  been here since nine in the morning with a designated  nurse and family members. Prince showed up around eleven or so." The doctor explained. I nodded along, listening to the details.

"How's Brenda doing emotionally, though?" I questioned.  We turned down another hallway and this employee  paused his steps near a specific door.

"Contractions have intensified with every hour and let's just say that you're not her favorite person right now." The doctor laughed to himself.

"Nothing unusual. I whispered. Of course, business continued pushing in this lobby.

I shook my head while this man politely opened the door and  finally let me walk  through.

__

"Hey. So sorry I'm late. I had no idea you guys were already here during my shoot." I whispered to everyone around me.

Mr. and Mrs. Hughes. Brenda's teenage sister Jasmine. Prince. And Natalie, her current home nurse.

"Mike?" Brenda sat up in the hospital bed. Exhausted. My heart shattered and raced with joy all at once.

"Hey! I'm here." I whispered once more.  Despite sad brown eyes, Brenda smiled weakly.

"What the hell are you wearing?" The mother of my child painfully chuckled. Even Prince rolled his eyes, tickled.

"I was shooting this project in New York and didn't even have time to change." I stared down at these buckled pants and black shirt, blushing.

"What was it for?" Prince snickered out of nowhere. I completely understood given the circumstances.

"My single called Bad." I admitted with pride. Instead, this entire room erupted with laughter.

"Don't make me laugh more. Nikki kicks often because of it." Brenda wiped away amused tears.

Jasmine keeled over. Natalie barely hid giggles behind her protective mask. 

Mr. and Mrs. Hughes just walked out, shouting with chuckles at this point.

"It's not that funny." I folded both arms while looking at Brenda. Prince seated on the left side of her bed.

"I'm definitely telling Knick Knack that bedtime story in the future." Prince calmed down, but still felt amused. 

"Come on. Stop playin." I advised Prince instead of yelling. Anything could've triggered Brenda today.

__

"It's time! I can almost see her head. Come on, Brenda. Push! Atta girl." Another doctor, female, entered the room and administered everything. Natalie watched, professionally attentive.

I've never felt so nervous. Prince turned red with happy and anxious tears. And those three members of the Hughes family shaped a prayer circle in one corner.

Brenda screamed without hesitation during one last  attempt to push. My heart pounded with every passing moment.

My knees buckled when this anticipated child finally began to cry.

My beautiful angel. My precious little girl.

No better feeling in the world. Every single piece of drama led to this event.

Nicole Bianca Jackson changed our lives forever.